Puppies on the way?

I like the look of the trip with almost no white, very serious :)

Funny! He does look serious, but in all the pics I've seen of him I've almost classified him as the "troll" of the group. In last weeks pictures he was pawing another puppy's face while it was sleeping. In another shot he looked like he was possibly chewing another puppy's ear, haha. I know I'm making all of this up, because I have nothing else to do but wait :D

Also, I am questioning whether I want a puppy who was the last one out of the bucket for agility? Or do I want the puppy who is possibly so interested in people that he'll submit to staying in a bucket just to see what the human is up to? See? I want pictures but the pictures are slowly killing me! :gaah

Also, it's a pink bucket and they are all boys, and for some reason this also crossed my mind :D

OMG! He is so adorable! I love seeing him pounce!

I know, right!? I'm wondering if this is one of the puppies she is thinking would be good for me (she said the other day there were 2 she was thinking of so far)? Or is this just the one she happened to focus on for the moment? I. Am. Dying. Over. Here.
 
Also, I am questioning whether I want a puppy who was the last one out of the bucket for agility? Or do I want the puppy who is possibly so interested in people that he'll submit to staying in a bucket just to see what the human is up to? See? I want pictures but the pictures are slowly killing me! :gaah

I'm wondering if this is one of the puppies she is thinking would be good for me (she said the other day there were 2 she was thinking of so far)? Or is this just the one she happened to focus on for the moment? I. Am. Dying. Over. Here.

I would never even guess what another breeder has in mind, but really they are all stinking cuties at this point. We knew Cooper was going to be ours at about 2 weeks, so I got group pictures, but I also got a lot of info just on him. IE- Cooper was the first to escape the confinement of the whelping area and start trekking across the kitchen. I knew all of this, but the wait still killed me. And I worried about how the Belles were going to take having a puppy. They were fine with it, but I was still worried. But the good news is that you've made to another Thursday, so that's a half a week closer now.

As for staying in the bucket: Here's the thing. You see one very cute picture of puppies in a bucket. You didn't get to see the 50 to 60 she had to take where ALL of the puppies were sitting still to have their picture taken in a bucket. Perhaps the one you think is the last because he's all docile and submitty is the last one in the bucket because he is the one she had the hardest time KEEPING in the bucket during the photo shoot. In my case, according to the breeder, Cooper was the biggest handful in the litter. (I'm convinced it was because I met him, then he kept trying to find me.)
 
Just a thought. What are you getting the puppy for? Likely a pet. Agility is a bonus.

I will give you the extreme example of Spitfire. I got him to be company for Sca and he is a 100% success. However I saw little fast and attitude.. FLYBALL!!!!! Well I left out not right in the head, reactionary and stubborner than a mule, with no prime motivation. So after 4 years (yes you saw that correct) he retired having only gone to practice.

So bad dog?

Nope he is great for Sca. He is the snuggle dog. Yes he is a handful and terror but lots of company. In short he is that dog I didn't know I wanted but awesome.

So consider that every puppy in the bucket is the right one, just not sure for what yet ;-)
 
Thanks all. I know I'm over thinking everything. It's such a big deal! Yes, they are all cute. No argument there! I'm just neurotic. :)

Sheep, was your Spitfire story supposed to make me feel better? Haha! Just kidding, I think Spitfire is the cutest thing. And the companion aspect IS the most important thing. But I DO want a dog that has both the structure and the desire to do agility (or freestyle, or maybe even flyball??). The number of Shelties I can get from my husband might be very limited, lol. This first Sheltie is the ambassador for all future Shelties in our family! He has to be awesome :razz:

I have a little over a week before I can meet them. It seems like an eternity. I do appreciate all of your stories and thoughts along the way, it is actually helping me to get through the process. I'm also learning a lot, which is what I need to be doing before he gets here! So thank you all, I'm glad I found this forum :biggrin2:
 
Thanks all. I know I'm over thinking everything. It's such a big deal! Yes, they are all cute. No argument there! I'm just neurotic. :)

Sheep, was your Spitfire story supposed to make me feel better? Haha! Just kidding, I think Spitfire is the cutest thing. And the companion aspect IS the most important thing. But I DO want a dog that has both the structure and the desire to do agility (or freestyle, or maybe even flyball??). The number of Shelties I can get from my husband might be very limited, lol. This first Sheltie is the ambassador for all future Shelties in our family! He has to be awesome :razz:

I have a little over a week before I can meet them. It seems like an eternity. I do appreciate all of your stories and thoughts along the way, it is actually helping me to get through the process. I'm also learning a lot, which is what I need to be doing before he gets here! So thank you all, I'm glad I found this forum :biggrin2:
Yep as Spitfire is my buddy despite being totally not what I expected LOL He is actually sleeping on my footrest right now after battling with Sca earlier.
 
Back
Top