Puppy Picking

That chart shows him spot on! Are there other charts because when I told the breeder this last night on FB, she said he was about 1/2" undersize which she thought was a good thing given boys grow longer. But I think she is right to doubt my measuring ablility--I don't know exactly how to "stack" him and he is hard to hold still and measure at the same time :lol: He was the smallest of the litter and if he stays small I'm fine with that! I just don't want him to get fat!

I am certainly no expert on sheltie growth. My guesstimate of 14-15'' was based off the chart. That is the only chart I've ever seen.

Your breeder should know her lines better than anyone else, so maybe for her lines that is undersize?

I know my breeder told me my puppy would most likely be 13-14 inches and she grew to be 13.5 inches, so the breeder was spot on.
 
Just got back from the vet--he weighs 6.2 lbs (so my kitchen scale is pretty accurate!) and the vet measured him at 9.75", which is still about an inch in a week! wow no wonder he was sleeping so much--takes energy to grow that fast!
 
Back
Top