Rhiannon

Thanks for all the messages. It means a lot because I know you all understand. It's amazing what will take you from feeling okay to plunging back into sadness. Last night it was coming home from a family dinner, seeing the lightening and starting to worry about Rhi being frightened. My husband asked me what I was thinking and it turned out we were both thinking the same thing and then realizing that we didn't have to worry about it after all. Today I was at the Belgian meeting because we had to go. We are on the tribute book committee for our 50th Specialty next month and hubby is leading this charge. I played with 2 - 8 week old Groenendaels pups but my heart wasn't in it. I felt no desire to bring one home. That is really unusual for me! It didn't help that the meeting was at Rhi's breeder's home but, with the help of good friends, we got through it okay. I talked to Susie while I was outside having a puff and she was exing her dogs. She said that these were the oldest dogs she had ever had. I thought for a minute and I remembered that she lost her entire kennel in a house fire - the oldest dog was 7. We just hugged and had a little cry and then went back into the house.
 
I'm so very sorry for your loss! We are never ready, even when we think we are ready, as they go into a slow decline.

I still expect Bacca to snuggle up next to me in bed and miss him because he is not there. Yesterday, Indy actually took his place and it was wonderful!

Hugs to you!
 
We have to go to the vet's today to pick up Tinsel's eye drops. Told hubby I don't think I can walk in the door just yet but it wouldn't be fair to ask him as he is just as sad as I am - maybe more since Rhi became his constant companion when he was ill. The vet called yesterday to see how we were. I thought that was very kind of him.
 
Back
Top