Shelties in AP Picture Rescued by Japan Sheltie Rescue

Is this a random group of Shelties that banded together? I'm a little confused. Blonde moment! If so, then I'm more than amazed! :razz:
 
Is this a random group of Shelties that banded together? I'm a little confused. Blonde moment! If so, then I'm more than amazed! :razz:

This all came about from an Associated Press Photo which was posted last week on all the major news sites. The Shelties appeared to have been from the same Kennel, I do not think it was Random Shelties forming a pack. Most of the dogs carry similar markings and body type. I personally felt when I first saw the picture they were a Breeders kennel.

The AP reporter was contacted and gave out the location of the animals. Japan Sheltie Rescue went in and brought them out. Now that the Mayor of that area is closing it down to Pet Rescue Groups and the Exclusion zone is being extended they were brought out at the right time. When the same reporter heard they had been removed he was very relieved. The AP picture only showed half of the Shelties the Rescue removed.
 
Thanks for the clarification....they did seem to be all of the same type. But obviously bonded together and running loose.

Poor babies! My heart goes out to all the pets stranded by this tragedy...and of course to all the people too. It just does not seem to end.
 
Thanks for the clarification....they did seem to be all of the same type. But obviously bonded together and running loose.

Poor babies! My heart goes out to all the pets stranded by this tragedy...and of course to all the people too. It just does not seem to end.

The Area keeps having Fresh Aftershocks and Tsunami Warnings.
And now the Mayor of the Area where the damaged reactor is located has decided it's time to no longer allow Animal Rescue Groups in to Remove more Animals.

http://www.twolittlecavaliers.com/2011/04/fukushima-mayor-says-no-more-animal.html

According to the Press the Exclusion Zone is being move out to cover a larger area. The suffering of the people and the animals is far from over.
 
WOW! Totally amazing they were able to save these furries just in time, thanks so much for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice to see something positive come from all the devistation and suffering. :smile2:
 
I just saw a post on FB. It was first said there were 19 and there were actually 29 and thank God all are safe.

OMG, that Sheltie Rescue must be overwhelmed by Now with 29 new dogs, I also see on their site they picked up a pretty little sable boy with a blue color from another location. I wonder if they accept donations to the site? I am sure they can use it at this point in time.

Where did you see the update about their being 29 dogs rescued from that site I would love to read any new news about the dogs? :smile2:
 
Back
Top