Southern Sheltie T-Shirts & Attendance~

Wowzer...that's going to be a lot of dogs! Very exciting! I think I better work on socializing Lexi a bit so she doesn't freak out! :)

Oh I know..but how cool! She'll be fine.Just try to get her out a bit.You have time before July.

And to make it even better for me,I noticed on Facebook,as I listed the event there,a very dear young lady that I have known since she was a wee bit of a girl,is planning to come also for the weekend.She is hoping to bring her sister.

I have'nt seen Tiffany in so long,that is will be great if she can make it.She still lives in NY.My son Eric & her were great friends.
Recently was in a car accident,she's fine but totaled her car.So hoping the tax man is good to her to get antoher car~
 
Wow, I hope ear plugs are on order. That many shelties in one place could rupture some ear drums.:winkgrin:

I so wish I could come.:(
 
Wow, I hope ear plugs are on order. That many shelties in one place could rupture some ear drums.:winkgrin:

I so wish I could come.:(

I just read your post to Brian..and he said to me "probably will". I can get earplugs..no problem.Brian brings them home from the plant~:wink2:
 
So by my count we will have:

11 people
8 shelties + however many of hers Janet brings :)
13 dogs + Janet's
1 cat (Bumper!)
and...
1 incredibly awesome, loud, exciting time!
 
So by my count we will have:

11 people
8 shelties + however many of hers Janet brings :)
13 dogs + Janet's
1 cat (Bumper!)
and...
1 incredibly awesome, loud, exciting time!

I'm glad you are keeping count!
Ohhh will we ever have a poop picking up time won't we! We may need to either buy a pooper picker upper or another shovel!

Janet is contemplating how many dogs,as it depends on who is coming as far as a human.If she comes by herself,I think she is thinking 2 shelties,that ride really well. If she has Alan or Russel,they are thinking of bringing 3 shelties.

T-Shirt order has been sent,I did tell Wayne that if there are late orders,I would get them to him pronto.

Just a remeinder if folks can possibly fit lawn chairs,it would be greatly appreciated.

I can & will send accomodation details if someone is looking to stay the night in Cheraw.I believe Katherine will be staying overnight.

Still contemplating a menu.I do want to ask,does anyone have special dietary issues?
Anyone allergic to anything?
Anyone vegan or vegitarian?
Also do need an idea for diet or high test soda pop..who will want what?

Thanks again everyone,we're looking forward to a grand time here,there may be some friends from NY coming,and of course my son & wife+ two chi's.

I'm going to try to get in touch with local newspaper to see if they can come out and take a picture of the group. My thought of having Angela Hanna (photog)come and take a picture or two,has been squelched,as she was'nt to keen on bartering.She wanted 100.00 up front to come out....POO!

Later in the evening,there will be a fireworks display,compliments of my son.And if I know Eric it will be a good one.He's been known to spend a whole paycheck on fireworks,plus they have a good friend that runs a warehouse for fireworks~

Please know,all dogs,big & small,sheltie or not,will be in the safe keeping of the house,if you decide to stay and watch the show.
Questions? Feel free to PM me~
 
I'm glad you are keeping count!
Ohhh will we ever have a poop picking up time won't we! We may need to either buy a pooper picker upper or another shovel!

For this, I would just tell people to bring plastic bags. I know we keep a supply in the car :) Also, if you wanted to, you could start saving some from grocery trips. No point in buying something as long as everyone is willing to pick up for their own dogs



Just a remeinder if folks can possibly fit lawn chairs,it would be greatly appreciated.

We can bring at least 2 chairs, possibly 3 (I think we have an extra one hidden in a closet somewhere).


Still contemplating a menu.I do want to ask,does anyone have special dietary issues?
Anyone allergic to anything?
Anyone vegan or vegitarian?
Also do need an idea for diet or high test soda pop..who will want what?

We eat most everything. I think as long as we keep in simple, most people will like it. I can bring a few liters of soda as well as a snack and dessert.
 
Ok..so I can keep it straight!

Will those that are attending,PM me as time goes,to let me know what if you are bringing anything.

That way I can go from there.I'll start a list and keep it posted on fridge.

I am leaning towards doing southern Bar-B-Que..we'll see.As you may think of something,let me know.

No need for anyone that is traveling to be bringing salads or anything that needs refridgeration ok!!

We always have plenty of plastic here Ashley,no need to bring extras.

We can also add tentatively 2 more shelties,and owners.Starr & hubby are thinking about coming also with the family.
 
Wow, I hope ear plugs are on order. That many shelties in one place could rupture some ear drums.:winkgrin:

I so wish I could come.:(

Me to.

But I promise with help from those that are bringing cameras,w/ video capabilities,everyone will see loads of still shots & vids. I promise!
 
Hopefully me and Sca can make it and if we do:
Sca's sheep is DEATHLY allergic to seafood and will avoid being near it, asian foods are normally risky (so any salads/casaroles and such don't take it personal when I ask what is in it or avoid it)

2 folding chairs and a 10x10 canopy or two can be brought

Little folding table (ignore the dirt marks from the track) can be brought

Camcorder with tripod can be brought

2KW Honda quiet generator can be brought
 
Last edited:
Hopefully me and Sca can make it and if we do:
Sca's sheep is DEATHLY allergic to seafood and will being near it, asian foods are normally risky (so any salads/casaroles and such don't take it personal when I ask what is in it or avoid it)

2 folding chairs and a 10x10 canopy or two can be brought

Little folding table (ignore the dirt marks from the track) can be brought

Camcorder with tripod can be brought

2KW Honda quiet generator can be brought

Believe me..there will be no seafood,asian..anywheres found in any food served that day! Rest assured.
There may be salads,but they will be basic grandma recipes that will be used.No funky stuff added!

I'm pretty much an old fashion cook,there will be some traditional southern fare,and maybe a yankee or two recipe used that day.
We're pretty easy goin folk here,nothing fancy~~:wink2:

2 folding chairs & canopy...we most defineately can use.I am arranging for one E-Z up canopy.But two,would be awesome.Where we will be located in the yard is all shade besides.We have way to many trees in the back yard.:wink2:

Camcorder,if you wish.Not sure about the generator,as I don't forsee a need for one.We'll be using a grill for the most part.Hopefully my son will take over as chef for the day to man the grill.(He does'nt know that yet)shhh!

No need for the table either,as we have a folding buffett table & a drop leaf table we'll be using under the canopies.All beverages will be outside in coolers,under the canopies. ((Cooler maybe))?:yes:
 
Back
Top