Spoiled Again!

RetiredProf

Forums Enthusiast
OK, so I'm moving soon and trying to use up stuff in the deep-freezer. This morning I found two porterhouse steaks from (gasp) 2008! Immediate thought: Good for the pups, not-so-good for company :yes: Thawed them out and they look like I bought them yesterday. OK, maybe I would feed them to company--sort of like "re-gifting."

Anyway, the guilt kicked in so... tonight, Gussy Gus and Big Dee are feasting on porterhouse, lightly broiled, sliced and roasted new and sweet potatoes, and green beans. For dessert? Pears and pumpkin.

Have I lost it or what?

Do I even have to mention I found a 16-pound "free give-away" turkey that I'm thawing out for the pups next week?

Meanwhile, I'm eating pasta!:uhoh:

PS: But I love it. Pasta Every Night (says Sophia Loren)!
 
OK, so I'm moving soon and trying to use up stuff in the deep-freezer. This morning I found two porterhouse steaks from (gasp) 2008! Immediate thought: Good for the pups, not-so-good for company :yes: Thawed them out and they look like I bought them yesterday. OK, maybe I would feed them to company--sort of like "re-gifting."

Anyway, the guilt kicked in so... tonight, Gussy Gus and Big Dee are feasting on porterhouse, lightly broiled, sliced and roasted new and sweet potatoes, and green beans. For dessert? Pears and pumpkin.

Have I lost it or what?

Do I even have to mention I found a 16-pound "free give-away" turkey that I'm thawing out for the pups next week?

Meanwhile, I'm eating pasta!:uhoh:

PS: But I love it. Pasta Every Night (says Sophia Loren)!

hell no you havent lost it ..!!!1 I think its great you feed them well.. I have to eat hot dogs and soup everyday to be able to get my pup FROMM.(or any other "good food") and I am ok with that. He is my son ... my son comes first!!! As long as he is happy and healthy... thats all I care about.
 
No, you haven't lost it !

Gus and Dee say Thaqnk you very much !:lol: I cook for Kia as well. I'd sneak some of that Turkey your thawing, just for testing mind you !:rolleyes2: Must be certain the food is of great quality.:lol: Hope the goes well when the day comes!:wink2:
 
Actually...I just looked it up and it is the turkey skin. Turkey skin gives dogs acute pancreatitis that causes diarhea. The turkey meat is OK.
 
Actually...I just looked it up and it is the turkey skin. Turkey skin gives dogs acute pancreatitis that causes diarhea. The turkey meat is OK.

uh oh...i used a turkey hot dog as a treat yestreday. Bailey had the runs this morning. We gave her two kongs filled with pumpkin. I'll have to scan the yard when I get home from work. I hope it cleared it up.
 
I'll be careful. Only meat, no skin and in little 1/2 pieces. For about two years...

Will make broth from the bones and add that in with turkey, some veggies and maybe some barley. I'm not grain free.
 
Thanks for the info !

I never knew that about turkey skin. Wow see you never know. Something new I learned today. Thanks Danisgoat !
Barley is a good grain so is brown rice.
 
Back
Top