RetiredProf
Forums Enthusiast
OK, so I'm moving soon and trying to use up stuff in the deep-freezer. This morning I found two porterhouse steaks from (gasp) 2008! Immediate thought: Good for the pups, not-so-good for company
Thawed them out and they look like I bought them yesterday. OK, maybe I would feed them to company--sort of like "re-gifting."
Anyway, the guilt kicked in so... tonight, Gussy Gus and Big Dee are feasting on porterhouse, lightly broiled, sliced and roasted new and sweet potatoes, and green beans. For dessert? Pears and pumpkin.
Have I lost it or what?
Do I even have to mention I found a 16-pound "free give-away" turkey that I'm thawing out for the pups next week?
Meanwhile, I'm eating pasta!
PS: But I love it. Pasta Every Night (says Sophia Loren)!
Thawed them out and they look like I bought them yesterday. OK, maybe I would feed them to company--sort of like "re-gifting."Anyway, the guilt kicked in so... tonight, Gussy Gus and Big Dee are feasting on porterhouse, lightly broiled, sliced and roasted new and sweet potatoes, and green beans. For dessert? Pears and pumpkin.
Have I lost it or what?
Do I even have to mention I found a 16-pound "free give-away" turkey that I'm thawing out for the pups next week?
Meanwhile, I'm eating pasta!

PS: But I love it. Pasta Every Night (says Sophia Loren)!

I cook for Kia as well. I'd sneak some of that Turkey your thawing, just for testing mind you !
Must be certain the food is of great quality.