Ticks

yogurt

does anyone use probiotic yogurt for their shelties?

I am happy to report that diatomaceous earth and vinegar are keeping our fur kids and yard free and clear from dreaded fleas and ticks.

Also happy to report that my liver damaged Seamus, is doing very well and I owe most of it to Dr. Jean Dodds and her very generous care and information and willingness to talk with me.

God bless Jean and all of us!

Best,
Kate
 
I wish I could find goats milk yogurt, have been thinking about making my own so I can control the sugar for me and for them. I give mine a bit of yogurt every other day.
 
Mine get a spoonful of probiotic organic yogurt (blueberry flavor..their fave!) every morning. I alternate that with cottage cheese. I'm not sure they need it since their Vibrant Pets has a probio, but I do think it has some benefits.

I've started using the vinegar/water spray too and (knock wood) I haven't seen a tick since! I also use the diatomaceous earth but we have too much ground to cover it all so that's not worked as well for me.
 
Wonder if the vinegar spray would keep away mosquitos? They are really bad this year. I see some tagging along when we come inside. I need to put more DE out but we keep having rain, we need the rain but even with the first application I have not seen a tick since.
 
I do think it helps with the mosquitoes. It has a strong smell (although not strong enough to be offensive) and I think it acts as a repellent for the bugs. At least you know it won't hurt them, so probably worth a try. I do try to remember to spray them once a day though...I'm not sure how long it lasts.
 
does anyone use probiotic yogurt for their shelties?

I am happy to report that diatomaceous earth and vinegar are keeping our fur kids and yard free and clear from dreaded fleas and ticks.

Also happy to report that my liver damaged Seamus, is doing very well and I owe most of it to Dr. Jean Dodds and her very generous care and information and willingness to talk with me.

God bless Jean and all of us!

Best,
Kate

LOVE Dr. Dodds. She was a blessing to me, as well, back when my setter was suffering from hypothyroidism. Glad you found her.

Dani
 
diatomaceous earth

Yup, it is a pain to keep applying after the rain but remember that it only takes de 24-48 hours to kill fleas and ticks outside and though messy you can add to their fur for added protection.

We have been spraying our human selves with vinegar water as well and though we all smell like a big old salad, bites are kept to a bare minimum.

Best,
Kate
 
Love the homeopathic recipes, but whats wrong with the tried and true medecines?

Frankly, I'm not going to hose my dogs with a vinegar spray everytime they go outside. At the cottage they go in and out a 25 times per day.

At home maybe about 12 times per day. No way am I going to do spray patrol each time.

I'm sticking to K9 Advantix, thanks!
 
fleas and ticks

Barb V,

Viva la difference!

Seamus cannot do the meds this year however because of his medical condition so the alternatives are mandatory.


Best,
Kate
 
Back
Top