Tomorrow is our first trial of the season!

Well....a repeat of last year lol. Piper NQ'd in Utility and then went down on his sit stay in Open. Unfortunately I couldn't stay for the second trial (judge was soooo slow), first trial didn't finish until 1:30 (started at 8:15) and by 4:10 there were still 2 dogs ahead of us in Open. (I had to go to work).
In Utility Piper didn't go out all the way, went to the jump and sat and did same on second. I think it was the glare from the windows on the matting, perhaps he couldn't see the fence.
I train in this building but never realized how poor the ceiling light is combined with the glare from windows. Won't enter here again with Piper.
Finnie did surprisingly well in pre novice, was a pass but I won't be entering him again in obedience until next year (more for exposure) and Rally for him in July and August.
I do have videos so I'll post them later...you can watch Piper mess up lol
 
Don’t feel bad...I had the same kind of weekend at the dog show. :eek: Finnie looked good though! And it was the first trial of the season. Lots of time for success!
 
Thanks Ann. It's just frustrating...Piper is a different dog in the ring than out. I have to try something different to keep him interested while in the ring.
Dog shows....:gaah
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ann
Finnie...not even one bark from him!


Finnie did great! I am glad he looks so enthusiastic about working! I can only dream that Liam will allow someone to pat his head!

Good job!!!

Piper might have been distracted by the bad lightning! It was very glaring by the lighting through that window. Oh well... hang in there...
Team Piper still has your back!
 
Back
Top