Tomorrow is our first trial of the season!

It's not that he doesn't enjoy it, he loves it but seems he's been out of it for too long (out of the ring).
Next show is a month away (4days) so I'm going to enter him in Rally the first day and then Utility the following 3. Hopefully getting him in the Rally ring (he's got his RA) will get him back.
We have one more day here.
 
Piper did good in Open, we got 194 1/2.
Came home and worked him on articles (figured since I have to clean them anyways) and he was initially off them even here but I got him back (here at least). I told another Sheltie competitor (her daughter is a breeder) that I was thinking of stopping with Piper and she said nooo...don't give up on him, he's such a good working dog! So I'll keep at it for now at least lol, she's well away of the problems as she's having issues with her dog. I just have to keep reminding myself that dogs forget things all the time. He was slightly better today than yesterday.
 
any improvement is good in a trial environment...
friend is also in a trial this weekend- also struggling in Utility. problems with articles and go outs too. I don't really know what to tell either of you but sometimes it does take a little bit to get back in the groove..........
 
That's what I'm figuring out Calliesmom lol. Took Piper to work with me today...did go outs, heeling and more go outs. I'm on the road all evening so I just find a fence or a wall and send him. Refresh his memory that a go out means go until I tell you to sit! He's normally spot on with them.
At least he's doing his Open...he's not giving up, just forgetful lol. I'm told they call it Futility lol.
 
I commend your perseverance!
Piper has such great focus and to watch him healing in the ring with you makes me envious!

Let Piper know we have faith in him to overcome his lost focus!
He still is a star in my eyes!
 
That's what I'm figuring out Calliesmom lol. Took Piper to work with me today...did go outs, heeling and more go outs. I'm on the road all evening so I just find a fence or a wall and send him. Refresh his memory that a go out means go until I tell you to sit! He's normally spot on with them.
At least he's doing his Open...he's not giving up, just forgetful lol. I'm told they call it Futility lol.
that is what I've heard it called. definitely seems to be hard to get those Qs.
 
Well same old same old lol. NQ'd again in articles but the rest (with the exception of his not taking the right jump the first time) was good. Definitely better than Friday. I'm confident that we'll have the kinks worked out in 4 weeks.
I did get video of him in Utility. He NQ'd his open as well, but not his fault...someone's dog pee'd in the ring yesterday and on the retrieve on flat I threw the bell right in the area and he caught the scent.

Seek Back

Scent discrimination

Signals

Moving stand

Directed Jumping
 
Well same old same old lol. NQ'd again in articles but the rest (with the exception of his not taking the right jump the first time) was good. Definitely better than Friday. I'm confident that we'll have the kinks worked out in 4 weeks.
I did get video of him in Utility. He NQ'd his open as well, but not his fault...someone's dog pee'd in the ring yesterday and on the retrieve on flat I threw the bell right in the area and he caught the scent.

Seek Back

Scent discrimination

Signals

Moving stand

Directed Jumping
Wow, thanks for sharing those great videos of you and Piper! He really seems to be having fun. I love his focus on you. I just want to pick him up an smooch him!

He is always focused on you!!! I just love his enthusiasm. Ok, so a bobble now and then. But, overall, a great day!

Great videos... close enough to really see the details. It was nice and quiet too!

Btw, is that spot on his rear side what Finnie pulled out? The color seemed to be lighter than his normal mahogany coat.
 
Thank you Gloria...he was much improved, still work (on my part as well, not just Piper) to do but much better! Yes, that's courtesy of Finnie lol...little brat sure loves the taste of Piper!
 
Back
Top