Tonight was Emma's turn

What a scare, hope Emma is better tomorrow. My first sheltie was retrieving a stick when she was a puppy and some thing happened that I have forgotten but she never wanted to play with one again.
 
Last night, every time I checked on Emma she gave THE look - leave me alone I don't want to talk to you. Sometime in the early morning hours, she got up on the bed like she usually does and snuggled close (as in almost on top of me - move over Mom, it's MY bed).

When I got up, she was a lot brighter looking and moved ok. I let her out and when I brought her back in she ate the kibble I had softened for her last night, every single piece, without any issues with the throat. Dad and I are still not clear where she poked herself. When the vet checked her, she didn't find any sore spots, so not sure what is going on. But Emma was definitely in pain, I could tell how much just by her demeanor and would not tilt her head back to look up at me. She stood for 20 minutes at the vet's and this was unusual for her. Then she cuddled down in my arms for another 15 to 20 minutes, again unusual.

So this morning, all seems well. She is not acting like she is in pain any more, ate well. She did drink a little. As I am typing this, something got her attention and she began barking and got up on the bed to try and look out the window. I am just wondering if when she was running with the stick, she got too close to the deck and the iron clothesline pole and ran into one of these items and gave herself a bit of whiplash. The vet last night ( a young lady who must have just graduated in the last couple of years) was really good and really thorough. She said the only way to be absolutely sure Emma had not swallowed something was to do a gastroscopy (scope down the throat) but both of us were reluctant to do so given Emma's reactions to anesthesia (she is MDR1 normal though). We chose not to and I am glad we did given how Emma is this morning.

Again, thanks for the prayers and the warm thoughts. Having had two sudden deaths in the last 10 months, I just couldn't have faced another one.
 
Just saw this thread from yesterday. I'm glad that this doesn't seem to have been anything more than a mishap / scare (in the rearview mirror) and applaud you for getting it checked out. A hug to Miss Emma.
 
It "made my day" hearing Emma was okay this morning. I am sure it did yours as well. Please give Emma a hug from me.
 
Hey you! Don't let anything happen to my Emma!!!!!! I'm so glad that she is okay. Boo & Tucker send their puppy hugs>
 
Back
Top