k9kreationz
Forums Celebrity
I have learned that the variables are as many as the number or Dogs/people there are. Dogs are not robots, they are the sum of their genetics, experiences, preferences. Ditto for the people. There will never be "one way to train a dog" in my lifetime.
What I find so fascinating is that I have changed so much! My dogs have not changed that much, but I've learned alot about myself.
Am I fair, consistent, firm and fun? I try to be. Would I want to be at the end of my leash? Would I want to come running when I call? Would I trust me not to be hurt when asked to do something I found confusing or scary?
Anyway, we have to start somewhere. I continue to look for mentors who I believe to be: fun, fair, firm and have open minds and hearts.
I just wanted to say....I wouldn't mind being at the end of your leash if this is your way of thinking.

I too have learned a lot about myself and my dog. Especially since having to retrain his agility foundation work. I just never realized how different he was (not ultra different, but not the same as the people I've trained with). I've had to learn different techniques to help him understand his job, what he's learning, etc.

What SG gives me are tools based on her experience and today science as we know it. Rest of it up to me.