Twitch

so the brown dogs had their annual on Monday- my vet has already had both shots for the Covid vaccination.
I don't even know if they're taking new clients or not- we've been going there since 2006........
 
I think the pandemic is really impacting most vet services. One of our 2 local emergency hospitals is currently closed due to lack of staff and in our own vet hospital our favorite vet just got out of the hospital after being on oxygen for 15 days with a really dangerous case of Covid...and it will be weeks/months before he is back at work. The staff at our hospital is at about 50% and even trying to get in for an emergency is impossible unless you are a long term client and I know they are not taking any new clients right now. I hope the naturopathic vet will give you an appointment. In the meantime bloodwork and a neurological evaluation with Blueberry's breeder's vet/neurologist will start to hopefully give you some answers...and prayers continue that this is not anything serious.
Trini
Your probably right Trini! It’s more than likely impacted things here too. I know my vet has much shorter hours and the system they use with curb side takes twice as long as before! I just wish she’d been in today...I would’ve gotten Blueberry in for bloodwork or gotten a Recommendation to another holistic vet that could help.
 
Do see if you could send the video off so they can see what you are dealing with. And see if you can collect more videos.

I did transfer vets during Covid. I've been using a mobile vet for years, her business is picking up, but with a house of mainly younger pets now, I wanted access to a vet who has surgical capabilities and with Deacon eventually needing a neutering, I wanted to start out with one from the get go. I was able to transfer and I am quite happy but I was a well known previous customer due to my pair of piebald doxies - no one forgot about the Hewitt boys! Plus this is the vet who neutered Brodie - at that time they were renting out surgical rooms one day a week at another practice - now they have their own building. They are doing curbside but it's run like a charm the two times we've been. Drive up, text, someone comes right out and if the vet wants to speak to you they come to the car. Pup is returned to the car and a bill is forwarded to email later to be paid through Venmo. It's pretty impressive - sure there are hiccups at times - probably runs smoother this way as they are no chatty customers to deal with and hold stuff up. Even Thursday, in the midst of a snow storm they called and I headed over early since someone cancelled.
 
Duh...I’d read on the website for this vet that they only take appointments Monday-Thursday but that they work out of a clinic that’s open 6 days (this part escaped me yesterday lol). When I realized this I called the clinic and got her an appointment Tuesday at 4! At least they got her in quick!

unfortunately Sandy this vet doesn’t believe in communication via email...even says so on their webpage. I will however show her the video when we see her. I have to call them back regarding their CoVid policy, I have to go in with her.
 
Back
Top