USDAA Questions

For weave poles, do you need to start over from the beginning, or start over where a dog may have popped out? I realized that the short set of rules I'm reading so far doesn't say anything.

It says...for the table:
Masters and Advanced – Cumulative count; Starters (and Novice) – Consecutive count
I'm taking that as.....Koji gets into a down, count starts, 1, 2, he gets up, I get him back down, they'd continue as 3, 4, 5? Is that right? I could really use that, lol.

Thanks anyone.

Ok, for weave poles in starters:

If your dog gets out, you can put them back in where they messed up. You just have to complete the entire obstacle. You can also restart from the beginning if you want.

I think (maybe April can help) that if your dog starts to weave backwards, then it's a fault.

I think that for the table in starters it has to be 5 consecutive seconds down. The only reason I say that is because in Advanced it is 1...2...*stand up...lay back down* 3....4....5. So I assume that it would be different for starters.
 
I think that for the table in starters it has to be 5 consecutive seconds down. The only reason I say that is because in Advanced it is 1...2...*stand up...lay back down* 3....4....5. So I assume that it would be different for starters.


Thanks. I wasn't sure how to define cumulative versus consecutive and obviously got them mixed up. :)
 
Back
Top