Vaccination Waivers/Exemptions

You asked a question on why vaccinating an animal would offer your UN-vaccinated animals protection, so it certainly pertains to the thread, if you dont want to listen to common reason than so be it,that is your choice, but it does all play into the effect of getting a waiver, if you dont understand all the ramifications of obtaining and following though with the dangers of waivering say rabies or any other vaccine its important to educate youself before just willy nilly every vaccine is bad and does more harm than good.

I can't help but laugh at someone telling me to educate myself on vaccines when I bet I know more about each individual ingredient and their effects than anyone on here. Have you ever taken apart the ingredients and researched them? Do you understand what formaldhyde does to the brain? Do you understand how vaccines literally change an animal's DNA? I think not. So let's get back to the topic of vaccine exemptions and I'm hoping a mod will step in and enforce staying on topic. I didn't ask a question -- I said I'm not sure how and I don't want to get into it because if we want to discuss vaccine immunity, we can start another thread.
 
Yes I do know the ingredients in vaccines just like everyone who has posted here does, I also know what formaldehyde does to many different structures in the body, and I also know its found in things you'd be surprised at that you cant eliminate from your life unless you life on an island with just sand and 1 tree...

anyway back to the topic of waivers, which Ive tried to stay on several times but you seem to keep going OT with different things, So lets try to keep it OT now.
 
So, just a note here. Rabies is a direct exposure issue, correct? So the immunity status of my neighbors animals has zero bearing on my own animals. Just like your tetanus vaccine does me little good when I step on a rusty nail. So herd immunity is a good thing, but I don't think it's applicable to the rabies vaccine.

I personally would like to see a few things happen:

1. The Rabies challenge study to finish, and be successful, and start influencing legislation based on science, and not fear.
2. For states to accept rabies titers as proof of immunity (rather than assuming the shot caused an immunity). If Hawaii can find labs that they trust enough, so can we.

Then, we give the dogs one or two shots as young dogs, and we titer from then on. But you know, rationality...
 
2. For states to accept rabies titers as proof of immunity (rather than assuming the shot caused an immunity). If Hawaii can find labs that they trust enough, so can we.

Personal note on this....

I used to volunteer at a wildlife rehabilitation center where I came in contact with rabid bats, raccoons, skunks, etc.

After my initial boosters of the rabies vaccine, each year I would need to get my titers checked. I did not need booster shots if my titers were high enough. So....the titers were good enough for me, a person, to be allowed to work with rabid animals. So, why can't they be accepted for our dogs?

This is very confusing to me.

The only thing I can come up with is that the government is nervous that the lab data might not be accurate, and that people can get infected because of coming in contact with a dog, that people thought had the rabies immunity, but in actuality was infected with rabies.

How about veterinarians? Are they vaccinated for rabies, and if so, do they get booster shots or do they get titers checked?
 
So, just a note here. Rabies is a direct exposure issue, correct? So the immunity status of my neighbors animals has zero bearing on my own animals. Just like your tetanus vaccine does me little good when I step on a rusty nail. So herd immunity is a good thing, but I don't think it's applicable to the rabies vaccine.

I personally would like to see a few things happen:

1. The Rabies challenge study to finish, and be successful, and start influencing legislation based on science, and not fear.
2. For states to accept rabies titers as proof of immunity (rather than assuming the shot caused an immunity). If Hawaii can find labs that they trust enough, so can we.

Then, we give the dogs one or two shots as young dogs, and we titer from then on. But you know, rationality...

Right Rabies is like Tetanus...so herd immunity wont come into play with that..but it will with contagion diseases. I would like them to titer because as we all know its dependent upon the individual to the immunity response it triggers and who knows it could but good for 5 years or even life, but im glad they got it atleast up to 3 years in most states now...
 
What, cat aren't biters? Really I must informed the 5+ cats I have on rabies bite quarantine at work almost every week. A vaccinated cat gets 10 days. An unvaccinated cat can be put down and tested for rabies if the person who is bit insists. Goes for dogs too. An unvaccinated cat exposed to rabies is quarantined outside the house for 6 months at the owners expense or needs to be put down immediately. Had that happen with a cat and a bat just last month. Owner couldn't afford 6 months board so the law made them put the cat down.

Just something to think about. Don't let anyone in your home ie a repair person, a friend, relative , saleperson and don't take you cat to the vet ever not even when its sick. Laws are there for a reason. You can chose to ignore them but just remember encouraging other people to break the law is a bad idea. Remember people sue alot in this day and age and the mental and physical anguish of worrying about rabies and being forced to get rabies shots will not make anyone happy.

That's all I will say on the subject as I know I will not change your mind. BUt I just wanted to put this out there for others. Also you have been lobbying for no vaccines and then claim it was for not annual vaccines. No one here and most vets encourage annual vaccines. The approriate and judious use(note this) of vaccines has saved more lives than problems they have caused. No one will ever convince me otherwise. People will need to determine what is right for them and live with it but remember my vaccinated animals protect yours when the ratio of unvaccinated to vaccinated is tipped yours are going to be at risk.

Off the soapbox now.

no,no, stay on the soapbox. you look good there
and you tell it like it is....value your knowledge
 
Back
Top