Vegas comes home

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll get to see puppy videos still,as i intend to upload. Although maybe not quite as much unfortunately..I was zappedwith a very high cell phone bill.

As I use an air card to connect to the internet.We are not blessed with DSL here,so I use a Sierra wireless plug in for internet. It is a 5 gig,but video uploads ( i found out) eat bytes up rather quickly. To the tune of a 235.00 cell bill (yikes). I had an overage of 120.00 on my Sierra card :mad:

My cell bill has never been more than 110.00.So I was a bit upset.
 
You'll get to see puppy videos still,as i intend to upload. Although maybe not quite as much unfortunately..I was zappedwith a very high cell phone bill.

As I use an air card to connect to the internet.We are not blessed with DSL here,so I use a Sierra wireless plug in for internet. It is a 5 gig,but video uploads ( i found out) eat bytes up rather quickly. To the tune of a 235.00 cell bill (yikes). I had an overage of 120.00 on my Sierra card :mad:

My cell bill has never been more than 110.00.So I was a bit upset.

Yeowch! My parents pay for our internet. I think they'd murder me if I ran their phone bill up that high. We have high speed internet, and I love it. :biggrin2: Now I can view a website loaded with sheltie pictures in a very short period of time. MWHAHAHAHA! :biggrin2: Ours is unlimited use.

Did the vet ever say if something was wrong with Newton or not? :confused2:
 
Somehow I just saw this thread! Anyways, I read the story and am so happy for little Newt. It was great to see that video of him running and playing with the other dogs. That was so nice of you to take him in--he has a wonderful place to just learn to have fun and be a sheltie :)

I hope the official vet's visit goes well and that he gets a clean bill of health. I imagine that Newt probably a) is totally overwhelmed and b) is a bit confused about when he can and can't eat. You never know what his eating schedule was like before. It sounds like it will just take him some time to relax and eat properly.
 
Oh I get good fast internet,probably quicker uploads than our previous phone provider,and then we lived 6 houses up from here,we rented there. And had a Co-Op for a phone company,good service,but at times not reliable in poor weather.

Here I have ATT,unfortunately DSL stops the next house up from us.We do live in the country,a very nice older home devlopement,and this house we are in has only been lived in by a couple that built the home themselves 36 years ago.They never had children,and the same for the other 6 houses besides us in this "bubble" in the middle of this road.DSL exists all around us.

Unfortunately until ATT opens a new port,us 6 houses rely on air cards for internet.
 
I'm so sorry about your internet costs Michele, OUCH. Hey you can always snail mail a flash drive of your stuff to me and I'll load it up. Or burn the videos onto a CD and mail that.

Will your local library let you upload? Some will, some won't.
Also, can you upload from your laptop at a coffee shop or restaurant that has free wi-fi? Alternatively, check with your current provider to see if you can get an "unlimited bandwidth" plan on your phone card.

Newton is coming along. He will look at us now, and if we put our hand out he'll put his little nose in our palm and sniff or lick us. That's a big change from the cowering little guy with his head down of just a week ago.

JUST A WEEK! OMG I can't conceive of not having this little guy in my house now!

He still will only eat at night, and mainly eats chicken breast, broth, and a little Nutro ultra puppy kibble. He can't be coaxed into eating during the day yet, even with putting him in the crate with his food and the door shut to give him privacy/security.

Newton was seen for a full checkup 7/28/09 while owned by the previous guy; but they did not do heartworm check or start the meds (?!?) So, we had him checked over for that. I'm wanting to take him in for a full check to have him checked for STD type problems as I don't know if he was ever put to stud while at the puppy mill.
 
You are brilliant!!!!

The coffee shop that I'm contracted with,has free Wi-Fi there.I can do that,I'll just upload my videos into my laptop,from my camera.

Oh gosh and before I forget,will we still be able to bring my laptop,for hubby to play around with it,and free up some of these trial versions that came installed in it.

I'll have my lap top anyhow,cause Brian told me to bring it..(must be so I'll be quiet):rolleyes2:

There are no other upgrades to the Sierra card,I got the biggest there was.But of course then,when I got the air card,I was not even viewing vids or uploading.

Every time we see Newtown,Brian & I are just mesmerized by him.He really has a gentle,soft attitude. I think you have a gem,a little rough in spots,but he will come into his own,and he will shine very bright.

Lets hope that he has no issues with STD problems. I think hes coming along wonderful,you can really see it with every video.
 
My Fergus is a small sheltie although not nearly as small as Newton. He's just shy of 13" and about 17#. He eats very little 1/2 to sometimes 2/3 cups of kibble a day and very few treats. I tried to increase his food a little when we got our new much larger fence as he was getting a lot more exercise but he just leaves the extra in his bowl. It's possible Newton just eats less because he's small.
 
Bentley weighs 18 lbs and is 15" and eats about 1/2 cup of kibble every day. However, we do agility so he gets a lot of treats.

We were feeding him more than that and he was overweight. So some dogs just tend to eat a little less in general.
 
no, Newton is seriously underweight.
His bones are terribly prominent.
I can nearly put my hand all the way around his waist.
His fur is dull, brittle, "burnt", and broken

Today all his little belly does is gurgle.
 
:(

I keep hoping that once he realizes that food and granite's family = wonderful! that he will start eating right.

We are all thinking and praying for him tonight!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top