Vegas comes home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Alan, for all your work with Newton! It's great that he's eating so well now. Do you think that Newton is actually more stupid than your other shelties, like his previous owner said? I can't help wondering if Newton was just too afraid to think.
 
Well if that is just not the best picture! I figured the bandana would be big for Newton,but he rally looks great,and looks like he is quite proud of his new duds!

I forgot to tell you the bigger dog bones are homemade,no preservatives.They need to be in the fridge.They are banana biscotti.

Thank you for sharing the photos!

LOL, ah the homemade bones are long gone and doggie history. The only one that was rejected was Newton's. He's just not into it for some reason.

As for the bandannas...his was taken down quite a bit, its somewhere around 1/4th of the original size right now. Bentley is sporting one that is the same size. :eek2:
 
Thank you Alan, for all your work with Newton! It's great that he's eating so well now. Do you think that Newton is actually more stupid than your other shelties, like his previous owner said? I can't help wondering if Newton was just too afraid to think.

Newton is as sharp as a tack. I'm having thoughts that the previous owner was using some heavy handed techniques on this poor little guy when he bought him in terrible condition, unsocialized, and straight out of a puppy mill cage. All Newton did in the previous guy's presence was cower, tremble, and dart away with his eyes averted and head down. He did not respond to the name the guy was using for him...even though he'd been there 8 weeks.

Here, Newton pretty much stopped trembling 15 minutes into the car ride home with Sasha's support. He does still crouch down with loud noises; but he didn't tremble at the vet. He didn't tremble when he met Michele and Brian. Within two days he was coming to his new name. By day 5 his little head was up and he was licking our hands; and he was running with the others and interacting. He knows commands "outside" "no" "sit" "come" (sort of....still might peel off if he gets startled). Is he completely housebroken? No...we're having problems between the puppy and partially-housebroken Angus and partially-housebroken Newton and nightly-incontinent Indy (from the diuretics for the CHF) causing problems with stopping indoor marking or peeing. Just means we use a lot of paper towels and cleaners!
 
I just caught up on all of this. Newton is such a cutie. Thank you for rescuing him. He is precious. I rescued two abused dogs in the past. It took both of them about a month before they got into a regular eating routine. My guess is it was due to the comfort, security and learning. Keep up the great work. He's blessed to have all of you.
 
Janet,

I'm so glad that Newton continues to grow and thrive under your care! It was obvious in some of the last videos what a change in him has occured. You are an angel!
 
Shhhhh.....I'm no angel, I'm just too blamed stubborn for that kind of reputation!


:smile2:
Guess what? RIGHT NOW I AM PETTING NEWTON. I was rubbing Sasha & using the mouse with the other hand. I felt my hand get nudged aside...this is usually Emma's ploy but she is outdoors right now. I went on to pet the new head... & felt the rough fur. Little Newton has been quietly getting his head, neck,ears, & back rubbed for at least 10 min now..Sasha jumped to my lap for cuddles & I'm typing one-handed...& it is soooooooooooooo quiet! No barking inside or out! And Newton is coming up to me for loving!

:biggrin2:
 
Hey hey!!! That is wonderful. I just knew he would come around. He sure is special,for all that he has gone thru.He knows that he is loved.

By the way how is Angus doing? Today was his surgery? I hope he is doing ok. As I was typing this Trapp came thru here,and his crate door was open,he went in on his own,and is snuggled in for at least part of the night.(I hope till 4or 5 at least.)
Take care!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top