Westminster Dog Show?

labgirl

Forums Sage
I turned my calendar over the other day and it says the Westminster Dog show is coming up soon (I think it said 15 & 16 February).

So is anyone going? Is it like Crufts with all the obedience, flyball, etc?

Is there loads to buy?

Please tell me everything and if you go do take loads of pictures!

Pretty please?
 
I wont be able to attend this year :no: I was hoping too!! Even had the oppurtunity for my same seats as last year too. Its going to be a good turnout for shelties there!
 
Lightplum where can we find a list of which shelties will be there. My breeder got a lovely bronze statue of a sheltie herding sheep one year at Westminster and she has some really pretty jewelery pieces. Would be such fun to see all the shelties.
 
there is a list for those invited on the westminster website, also it does the entry breakdown. There was I think 20 shelties entered when I looked. Just because they are invited though doesnt mean they will be attending and if your not invited but a CH you can enter (but Im not sure if they do it by lottery or just first come first serve or not maybe either MissJennyGirl or Tofu Pup can pop in and answer since they've shown and know the ins and out of it:yes:).
 
Are any of our member showing this year? If so I want to know so that I can root for them! OF COURSE OUR FORUM DOGS ARE THE BEST!!
 
Its a benched show, so you can go and see all the dogs and then go to the grooming area and walk around and see them being groomed. Its super crowded though and HOT!!!!! You can usually stand close to ringside (although you kinda have to plan ahead to snag an area to stand) while they are doing breed judging on the floor.
this is what it looked like last year I was up in the stands
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30247988&l=7f6ef30cee&id=1467473653
and this is a floor shot
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30247987&l=d0254fc7b3&id=1467473653
Since im soo short and couldnt get close enough to ringside you can see why I chose to view shelties from the stands!!:lol:
 
Back
Top