Whew! Good boy Cooper! :)

Wendy C

Forums Enthusiast
Yesterday Cooper spent the day at doggie daycare while hubby and I put up the Christmas tree! I had visions of him coming home and knocking the whole tree over, but he came in on his leash and took a few sniffs, was released and nothing. He seems to show very little interest...shocking!!! lol. Our tree is all Santa, we did leave off a few that look like stuffed toys that might take his interest and of course unbreakables are at the bottom. So pleased with him. On side note Sunday we had freezing rain and I would say that was a day from He**, but it’s done and hope that’s it for this year!

View media item 7160
 
Beautiful tree! What a good boy Cooper is. Great idea to put non breakable ornaments at the bottom and removing ones that look like stuffed toys!
Last year I had a major mishap that toppled my tree! I think Liam and Beau were playing too rough and knocked the tree over.
 
Beautiful tree! What a good boy Cooper is. Great idea to put non breakable ornaments at the bottom and removing ones that look like stuffed toys!
Last year I had a major mishap that toppled my tree! I think Liam and Beau were playing too rough and knocked the tree over.

Thanks! He has come close brushing against it running around with a toy, but so far this morning he hasn’t even stopped to look at it....I’m still in shock, but grateful!! lol
 
Fingers and paws crossed the tree is left alone! I am sure Cooper would not do anything intentionally. Sometimes with the exuberance of play things happen. At least that was the case for us.
 
Beautiful tree! We are wondering what Brodie will think/do when we put ours up - Cooper has given me hope!

Because of our cats, who are nothing like Cooper, we always put non-breakable stuff at the bottom. We will see how things go with ours, we are considering bracing it like we did when the kids were little but will wait and see. We get wild zoomies around our family room every night with the 2 dogs so wondering what will happen with a tree added to the space. We will forego the train that we normally put under it. It's fun to watch the cat with the train, but I think Brodie would eat it.

Merry Christmas!!!!
 
Such a beautiful tree. Because of our crew- and the cats- we don't have any breakable ornaments. I love them and they are so pretty. But they are also SUCH a bad idea when you live with five cats.
 
Such a beautiful tree. Because of our crew- and the cats- we don't have any breakable ornaments. I love them and they are so pretty. But they are also SUCH a bad idea when you live with five cats.

I get using non breakable. We have had older dogs for years that could care less about the tree, other than our Shih Tzu who liked to snooze under it. Cats and trees are a whole other story. :)
 
What a lovely tree! Cooper is a good boy for sure. I always put a gate up to block off our tree. Even if they don't bother it, play time and zoomies are hazardous to pretty trees in the room!
 
What a lovely tree! Cooper is a good boy for sure. I always put a gate up to block off our tree. Even if they don't bother it, play time and zoomies are hazardous to pretty trees in the room!

thanks Ann! We still have the topper to go on and to move it back in place. I think he may have a go at the tree skirt when it goes down, hopefully not. We have a stained glass fireplace screen hubby made so it will then be used as a “gate” to keep him out of the corner if needed. lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ann
Many, many years ago when my children were small.
they think our dog should also have a small Christmas package.

So they wrapped a sausage in fine Christmas paper and placed it under the tree :yes:

The dog was busy sniffing his pack, so we decided this was a bad idea for next Christmas.

Even several years after the dog had not forgotten
the Christmas package with the sausage.

When we had put all the Christmas packages under the tree,
he fished quietly one package out of time and sniffed whether there should be a sausage :lol:

So do not save a Christmas present with a sausage under the Christmas tree :biggrin2:
 
Back
Top