Whew! Good boy Cooper! :)

Hanna, good advice!! Any “puppy” gifts will be put in front of him the Christmas morning and not under the tree! :)
 
Yesterday Cooper spent the day at doggie daycare while hubby and I put up the Christmas tree! I had visions of him coming home and knocking the whole tree over, but he came in on his leash and took a few sniffs, was released and nothing. He seems to show very little interest...shocking!!! lol. Our tree is all Santa, we did leave off a few that look like stuffed toys that might take his interest and of course unbreakables are at the bottom. So pleased with him. On side note Sunday we had freezing rain and I would say that was a day from He**, but it’s done and hope that’s it for this year!

View media item 7160
I hope Minnie reacts the same way! I have a gorgeous little artificial tree, 30 inches. I think I may bring it out of the basement and assemble it in the spare room, decorate it in there and sneak it out to the living room when Minnie is out of the house. If she can't leave it alone, we could put it up on a high cabinet. We'll see!
 
My cat would drink water from the tree stand when I wasn't home. Ended up killing the tree cause I didn't realize until it was too late :(
Gavin has never had a tree....I always fly to see family and we aren't home so...
 
Lucky you. The first time Beckon saw a Christmas tree, he peed on it!
We met a sheltie on our last camping trip. This male sheltie decided that my husband needed to be marked. So he hiked his leg and peed right on hubby's shoe and leg. Moral- consider yourself lucky that he just peed on the tree.

thanks Ann! We still have the topper to go on and to move it back in place. I think he may have a go at the tree skirt when it goes down, hopefully not. We have a stained glass fireplace screen hubby made so it will then be used as a “gate” to keep him out of the corner if needed. lol

WHOA! You have a stained glass fireplace screen? Is that as beautiful as it sounds?
 
Lucky you. The first time Beckon saw a Christmas tree, he peed on it!

:yuckyuck:yuckyuck:yuckyuck

Thank heavens Brodie was neutered or I assume he would do the same.

Our cats have never bothered our trees other than to play with lower ornaments and the dogs and cats have always fought over the tree skirt - they all seem to think it's like a throne and not meant to be shared. I've always done two trees - after having friends kids that re-arranged trees all the time, we have an 'adult' tree that is the serious one and then the 'kids' tree that included all plastic, non-breakable and the handmade ornaments the kids made. We always let them decorate their own tree and the deal was, we don't touch your, you don't touch ours. They could decorate and redecorate theirs all season, just don't touch mine! Always worked! Not sure we will set 2 up this year or not. In years past, I also decorated our dining room chandelier into a hanging Christmas tree and it was always interesting to see the cats checking it out like 'now, how can I get up there?'.. but they never managed.
 
We met a sheltie on our last camping trip. This male sheltie decided that my husband needed to be marked. So he hiked his leg and peed right on hubby's shoe and leg. Moral- consider yourself lucky that he just peed on the tree.



WHOA! You have a stained glass fireplace screen? Is that as beautiful as it sounds?

The fire screen was used in our old home in the US and can’t be used here on the new modern gas fireplace. Hubby collects Santa’s (the tree), some hand made Santa’s and the stained glass is 3 panels with a Santa on each one. If it comes up from the basement I will take a pic. A leg is nothing...as a teen (old lady so think of a hippy outdoor concert) sitting on the grass (not smoking it) a dog came along and lifted his leg on my back!! How embarrassing!! lol
 
The fire screen was used in our old home in the US and can’t be used here on the new modern gas fireplace. Hubby collects Santa’s (the tree), some hand made Santa’s and the stained glass is 3 panels with a Santa on each one. If it comes up from the basement I will take a pic. A leg is nothing...as a teen (old lady so think of a hippy outdoor concert) sitting on the grass (not smoking it) a dog came along and lifted his leg on my back!! How embarrassing!! lol
Probably editorial.
 
Back
Top