White factored

Well then how are we supposed to know? I guess it doesn't matter for me because Meggie is spayed and not being bred. I was just curious.

We don't always know. But as a general rule the pattern of white does indicate white or no white factoring. Not all dogs read the book. But we assume the tendancies are true until proven wrong by breeding. :smile2: Nothing wrong with a CHW. Just can't be shown in AKC.
 
It is intersting the factoring..One of my girls is appearing to be not white factored however her sire is both white and tri factored so she carries the gene for it.....
 
Well if the hind legs are a strong indicator, Deja is not white factored. She has white rear paws but tan and merling up the haunches.

I guess I will wait until we decide for sure if we are going to breed her before I stress out too much more about it. rofl..
 
She could be - you'd need a photo of her from the side, too, though.

Here's a link:
http://www.norcalshelties.org/SheltieColors/whitemarkings.html

If you scroll down to the section "white-factoring", there's a picture of a bi-black who appears to be white-factored. The arrow points to the stifle, where there's a big band of white. The front legs tell you some, but the hind legs tell you more.

This a great site and I love Justicemom's pix. I'm guessing that Callie is white-factored. http://www.flickr.com/photos/30423587@N04/3369393798/in/set-72157607235907438/
The white goes higher on her other back leg- I do like the all white front :wink2:
 
Back
Top