Yogi 28/08/03 - 28/01/15

seashel

Forums Enthusiast
I can hardly believe that I'm writing this, but my dear Yogi passed away very suddenly yesterday evening. We had just returned from the vets after his monthly Cartrophen injection and I had left them eating in their cages when Jessica called out that something was wrong. Yogi had collapsed in his crate. I called the vets and drove him straight back as an emergency but he was in a coma and barely breathing. Our wonderful vet - the same one who had diagnosed his problem a few years ago and saved his life - knew as soon as he saw him that the outlook was bleak by the pattern of respiration. They took him through into the back room and gave him oxygen and tried to get an IV line in - it was like some ghastly hospital drama on TV - there was no blood pressure and his pulse dropped away to nothing. Within the space of a few minutes he had gone.

The whole thing was over in less than half an hour - he had been perfectly fine right up until he collapsed. He had walked with the others in the morning, barked at a jogger, jumped on the bed, all the usual things. My vet thinks it must have been something like a thrombosis, heart attack or aneurism to have happened so suddenly. It's a terrible shock and I am devastated, as is Jessica who was with me the whole time. They shared a birthday and have always been close. Yogi was not even 11 and a half - it seems too soon for him to leave us.


Dear Yogi, I wasn't ready to let you go to the Bridge but I hope you are running right there with Merlin, your sweet mum Mira and uncle CK. I hope there are plenty of squirrels for you to chase and perhaps the odd tennis ball too and I know your arthritis won't bother you at all now. I miss you so much, till we meet again xxx
 
Oh Julia, I am so sorry to hear this news. Of course you are devastated. What a shock to lose Yogi so suddenly. They are never with us for long enough, and 11 is far too soon to lose one. Sending you hugs for comfort. :hugs
 
Oh, Julia...I am so very sorry. What an awful shock. It was Revel that we were concerned about when he was battling his health issues recently...not your Yogi. My heart breaks for you...I wish there were words of comfort that could help lessen your pain. :hugs

Trini
 
I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard when you lose your baby. Chandler and Quigley send hugs to you and your family. Take care
 
I will weep with you today. Yesterday, I lost an 8 year old cat in the same sudden fashion. Fine and then gone suddenly. Hugs of support. May your pup and my Zeus kitty be frolicking together in the "newbies" section at the Bridge today trying out their wings together. Hugs to you.
 
What devastating news... I am so sorry for you, for Jessica, and for your whole family.

It is hard to lose them so suddenly. I mean, it's always hard, but there's something traumatic about it coming on so soon. I am sure that there will be a lot of tears to come. Take good care of yourselves and each other.

Yogi had a wonderful, wonderful life with humans and dogs who loved him. Thank you for giving him the very best.
 
I am so sorry. The sudden departure is so hard and surreal. I experienced it with Diva and still have trouble coming to grips with it. Not that it is ever easy no matter when. Hugs and prayers for you and your family.
 
Back
Top