Cody has a shoulder injury

sheltiemom4

Forums Enthusiast
Well, DH took Cody to the vet today (I had to work) and he has a shoulder injury. He was given Azium and strict orders: NO running, jumping or playing for 10 days. We have been leashing him when he goes out, but, gosh, this is going to be SO HARD!!!

Vet said it may be a permanent injury and he will have to be on baby aspirin for the rest of his life. I'M SOOOOO BUMMED!! He's only 2.......:no:
 
Oh geesh I hope Cody will be ok, and the meds take care of his shoulder.

They can do the darndest thing just running, paw going into a crack, sliding, etc.. God love you and Cody, and he is only 2. I have a feeling that will straighten out for you. OMG that is hard to keep him from playing and running, that is the bummer.
 
I'm sorry to hear that Cody's shoulder is injured.

I hope it's something that gets better after his 10 days of rest. Good luck!
 
Poor little guy, it's tough when these things happen and they're so young. But if you can keep him quiet enough to heal now, maybe you won't need to medicate him going forward. Or at least, only occasionally. Chiropractic or acupuncture could help him too...it did wonders for our Bandit who had a bad case of Lyme at 2 that affected his joints. We had him acupunctured and he lived a happy and busy life till 13.

The tough part will be the next 10 days. Keep him crated as much as possible. There are some great games you can play with dogs who are immobile to stimulate their minds. Here's a link:
http://www.ehow.com/info_12136531_games-immobile-dogs.html
 
Whatever could have made it permanent? Perhaps the vet meant a tendency for recurrence? :confused2:

I was wondering this myself....they really can't tell that unless they have a firm diagnosis of what happened. To get that, I would guess they would need an x-ray at the minimum.

Hopefully it is something that will just pass!

BTW....was your pup tested for Lymes Disease? It is pretty common this time of the year and can show up as lameness. Did you actually see the injury happen, or did he just show up lame?
 
I was wondering this myself....they really can't tell that unless they have a firm diagnosis of what happened. To get that, I would guess they would need an x-ray at the minimum.

Hopefully it is something that will just pass!

BTW....was your pup tested for Lymes Disease? It is pretty common this time of the year and can show up as lameness. Did you actually see the injury happen, or did he just show up lame?

I was wondering the same thing. I might be tempted to take him to a specialist, especially if the issue persists after the 10 days of rest.

It seems like everything should be able to be fixed, at least until you have a very specific diagnosis.
 
Back
Top