Cody has a shoulder injury

Cody is still on Rimadyl, but, I really can't see any improvement, and, honestly I'm starting to get really worried. If anything, he's getting worse. He hasn't been out free to run at all, and I'm noticing the limping at just a normal to fast walk.

If anyone has had experience with injuries such as this and could tell me what to expect, I would appreciate it. Does "Chronic injuries" mean I will have to limit his activity permanently? Is there a surgery that can correct it?

I can't bear the thought of him NEVER running, jumping or playing again.....:no:
 
Cody is still on Rimadyl, but, I really can't see any improvement, and, honestly I'm starting to get really worried. If anything, he's getting worse. He hasn't been out free to run at all, and I'm noticing the limping at just a normal to fast walk.

If anyone has had experience with injuries such as this and could tell me what to expect, I would appreciate it. Does "Chronic injuries" mean I will have to limit his activity permanently? Is there a surgery that can correct it?

I can't bear the thought of him NEVER running, jumping or playing again.....:no:

Angie have you looked into any therapy or has the vet suggested any. I sure hope he improves. My friend Gina on Fb did Laser for her dog who had arthritis maybe something like this would work.
 
Cody is still on Rimadyl, but, I really can't see any improvement, and, honestly I'm starting to get really worried. If anything, he's getting worse. He hasn't been out free to run at all, and I'm noticing the limping at just a normal to fast walk.

If anyone has had experience with injuries such as this and could tell me what to expect, I would appreciate it. Does "Chronic injuries" mean I will have to limit his activity permanently? Is there a surgery that can correct it?

I can't bear the thought of him NEVER running, jumping or playing again.....:no:

I am really sorry that Cody is still lame.

I really depends on what the injury is. What is his diagnosis? Bursitis, tendonitis, muscle tear(muscle belly injury), bone, cartilage. Which joint? Too many factors come into play unless you have a firm diagnosis. If rest and antiinflammatories aren't doing it, time to do diagnostics. I would also suggest a lyme test. You can't any consider sx or other therapies if you don't know what the problem is.
 
All the vet said originally was a "shoulder injury". When I called almost 2 wks ago inquiring about Lyme's disease, he seemed agitated that I questioned him and stated he didn't think that was it at all. Then I called last Tues. to inform him that he was still limping, he put him on Rimadyl.

I use a different vet for Maggie out of loyalty, due to that's where I've taken her since she was a puppy, (more expensive though) so, maybe I'll call them and try to get a second opinion....
 
Cody

Sheltie Mom,

This is a trying time for you Sheltiemom and you are worried I know. However I am worried that you might not be with the best vet and I make no apologies for saying that.

You live in an area that I used to know, I am suggesting that you go to see Dr. Joseph Smith in College Hill. His number is 513-681-9223. He knows shelties and also he is open to information. It seems that your vet might have an ego problem, with the things that you have said about his reaction to your inquiry about tests for your Cody. In my experience a good vet will listen, not close you down.

My first vet here in Jersey was a nightmare when he ridiculed my ideas about not over vaccinating my dogs. I wanted a one year rabies and he gave her a three year. When I confronted him about this he said that he was the vet, not me.

Suffice it to say I got a new vet who is open to new ideas and information.

Good luck with Cody,

Go with your gut, see Dr. Smith.

Best,
Kate Dierks (In case you want to use my name with the doctor).
 
::( I would definitely go to a second vet.

I'm wishing you the best of luck and sending positive thoughts to Cody.
 
Cody

Keep us updated on Cody, and will keep fingers and paws crossed for you and he. So glad to hear you are going to Dr. Smith.


Best and more,

Kate
 
Sending you positive thoughts for your appointment today!

Please keep us posted when you get some news.
 
Back
Top