Daily Funerals

Don’t you just wonder how he can be both the little terror and then the sweet slumbering cuddly sheltie?

I read a book once called the
Monks of new Skete. Their theory was to place several items on the floor within your view and allow the dog to make the right choice by picking the appropriate toy. You might put down a chew toy, doll, sock, towel, etc.
You act like you are reading the paper or a book. When you see them going after the inappropriate item you say NO and offer the chew toy.

This worked perfectly for my first and second sheltie. Liam on the other hand is a work in progress. I no longer can give him plush toys. He had chewed off ears, legs, etc! I was so scared he would end up with a blockage!

He goes after fabric on chairs and wood moldings too! So, I am right there with you having a Liam the Terrible! Monty and Liam I am sure are plotting their next move to trip us up!!!

That's a great Idea Gloria, I'm going to give it a shot but I have to say Monty is theeee hardest dog I've ever tried to train. He just does his own thing and if you try to show him something, he'll do the opposite just to spite me :lol:. I see I'm not alone and Liam has a mischievous personality too lol.

I'm sorry, Darren, but I'm with Wendy. This is hilarious. And little Monty is too too cute and innocent looking. I wouldn't be able to stay mad at him either! This little guy is so lucky to have landed with you. He's just looking for a Carrot Lady to go with Broccoli Man..... :ROFLMAO:

Ugh no matter what he does I just can't get mad at him :lol:. He's had a rough start in life so I'm just letting him express himself (a little too much). Carrot and Broccoli, sounds like a vegetable Bonnie and Clyde :ROFLMAO:

join the broccoli gang and begin a wave of destruction...

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OMG I'm on the floor here laughing. I love your wanted poster, Darren! And yes, Mr. Broccoli makes visits here as well - last major damage was a paperback book I was reading, shredded by Mr. Elijah Ray. SIGH.

LOL so many of our shelties have that naughty side to them :lol:, or they are all being framed by the Broccoli syndicate :ROFLMAO:

Darren, have you considered opening a charity hospital and rehab center for those unfortunate souls who have lost limbs to that serial chewer, The Dreaded Monty Man? But he sure does look sweet when asleep.
Trini

Oh Trini he knows how to play with his sweet looks haha. He's got me well and truely under his control :lol:. That's not a bad idea, a toy and doll limb hospital, I could apply for a superglue grant from the government. It will save me a fortune having to replace everything all the time :ROFLMAO:


:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: annd that just made me :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
 
It just sounds so silly to say this :o1

Minnie who is so independent !!! has no naughty sides :no:
or she just does not show them :wink2:

I can at least not see them :hugs
Angus is like Sca was when he causes trouble he tells on himself. He is really not good at it. Spitfire on the other hand is generally super good but when not there is zero guilt. Just a 'Spitfire does as Spitfire does' look.
 
I just thought I would give you a brief look at the amount of funerals I have to carry out daily because of my little nightmare Monty lol. Below is an example of what I now have to face daily :lol:, this was what was killed on Friday:

Poor doll lost her feet in a terrible chewing accident

View attachment 15338

Poor Sheep lost its front legs during a Sheltie assault

View attachment 15339

The pacifier was saved from destruction so will live to fight another day

View attachment 15340

The collar no longer locks after he climbed onto the table and chewed it

View attachment 15341
Annndd when I ask him to explain himself, I get the "it wasn't me look"

View attachment 15342

I give up :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
:yuckyuck
 
It just sounds so silly to say this :o1

Minnie who is so independent !!! has no naughty sides :no:
or she just does not show them :wink2:

I can at least not see them :hugs

Minnie is such a sweet girl! :hugs

Angus is like Sca was when he causes trouble he tells on himself. He is really not good at it.

:lol::lol::lol:

I guess I got very lucky - my 3 are all aggressive chewers, but they only chew the things they are allowed to chew. One thing about shelties - the wheels are always turning in their little brains!

haha at least they only chew their own things! You're right, I can actually see Montys mind working out what to get up to next :lol:

Honestly I have not laughed this hard in a long time. Looks like Darren's wanted poster made all the difference. So hilarious. How on earth did you find that, Margi? :ROFLMAO:

I didn't expect my poster to work so quickly, I'm pleased I didn't write a reward at the bottom :rolleyes2:
 
Back
Top