Day 5 and he's looking a little brighter. Still heavily sedated, I've started taking him out in the stroller, which he seems to like, although he tires very quickly.
I learnt a lesson today - don't leave the sheltie uncrated after giving him a pain killer. He shot out of the doggy door and down the back stairs! Don't even know how he got through the dog door as he can't bend his legs. He had no idea what he was doing but he paid for it this afternoon. He's now sedated again and sleeping.
He is waking up with a fright every time which is wierd. He growls or cries or howls and acts like he doesn't know where he is. I thought it would wear off but it hasn't yet. Today a friend brought her Schnauzers around to visit and Deska woke up and attacked them. The dogs took it in stride but I got a fright. Another lesson learnt - let sleeping dogs lie.
No sign of kitty.