Dog Names....

Monroe is a wolf name...

I got Brodie from a list of Scottish last names. My stepfather wanted me to name him Wee Willie Wallace after William Wallace and because he had a wee willie. That was summarily rejected.

When he was gone, we knew the next would be a girl. So, again to the list of Scottish names. Annabelle means something like "gift of God", so I chose Annabelle. Once I had Annabelle, then it HAD to be Annabelle Lee. The DH decided the next girl HAD to be Clarabelle. Tara was named by the people who originally sold her, and we liked Clara and Tara.

My next boy is going to be Dorsey. Grandma couldn't say Dorothy when she was little and called herself Dorsey. Tommy Dorsey wrote Precious Lord, which is song I sang for her while she was dying, and Precious Lord is the song that for some reason popped into the head of my choir friend who was holding my hand while I called DH to tell him Grandma was gone.
 
If you watch the show Grimm, the fox-looking Wesen is called a Fuchsbau. It's pronounced like FOOKS-bow. I guess I never thought of the different ways you could spin that word lol.

Someone had to bring Grimm into this. I can't spell the wolf Wesen in Grimm, but I can spell Monroe. Barb, I would suggest having one or two names chosen so you can see which the pupster seems to like best.
 
Someone had to bring Grimm into this. I can't spell the wolf Wesen in Grimm, but I can spell Monroe. Barb, I would suggest having one or two names chosen so you can see which the pupster seems to like best.

Blutbad (BLOOT-baad). I love Grimm, but I wouldn't name a dog after a Wesen name. Maybe a character name. Not gunna lie, I love the name Rosalie now. But Barb's puppy is a boy. From her pics, he looks like he's going to have blue eyes. What about Gabriel and call him Gabe for short? Not to get all religious here, but it means God is My Strength.

For me, it's difficult to officially decide on a name until I spend some time with the puppy.
 
Have you thought about going into the world of fantasy for names? Who is your favorite author?

I was googling the history of fantasy novels and wikipedia reminded me of some of the early greats (of my childhood) Sword of Shinnara ; Lion, Witch, Wardrobe; Thomas Covenant, the originals when nothing had been done before and everything was new and fabulous and not over-commercialized with the big saga movies.

I have been watching our Star Trek & Star Tek next generation videos in marathon form. A million character names and places I would love to name little beasties.

Names are everywhere.
 
A baby fox is a kit.
I always loved the name Rowan. It is the Irish name for a mulberry tree. Legend has it that if you carried a branch of the Rowan tree the fairies couldn't carry you off. It is a protector.
 
Back
Top