Dog Names....

Tabitha: sorry, fairly new to SN so I don't know exactly how to do the "copy & reply to" that I see here often.

That's alright.:smile2: Look at the bottom right of your post, you'll see a little button that says Quote, click that to quote to one person, and the " button next to it to quote more than one person.

But thanks for the info on the name Noah...that may actually move that up on the list! :smile2:

Losing Trace pretty much devastated me, so IF we get a little boy this summer "rest & comfort" will be very fitting.

Thank you

I'm glad I could help! Just so you know, I didn't breed Dixie, she was breed by... undesirables, to say the VERY least. I don't want to hijack Barb's thread. So if you want to read about it, it's in the thread's "Dixie's coming home!" and "Goodbye to a nameless puppy" (I'll add links in just a moment)

EDIT: Here's a link to Noah's thread, you'll find a link to Dixie's on the first post.
http://sheltieforums.com/showthread.php?t=19694
 
Last edited:
the names of the scelties in Anne Bishop's books, dark jewel series are
vae
Khollie
darkmist
darcy
lizzie
kharr
Bryant
wynne
duffy
kief
Lloyd
keely
moore
these are the ones that lived in Cassidy's court
ladvarian - jaenelle's.
rhahn
mentioned in same book
( from the book Shalador's lady
 
the names of the scelties in Anne Bishop's books, dark jewel series are
vae
Khollie
darkmist
darcy
lizzie
kharr
Bryant
wynne
duffy
kief
Lloyd
keely
moore
these are the ones that lived in Cassidy's court
ladvarian - jaenelle's.
rhahn
mentioned in same book
( from the book Shalador's lady


So awesome....I thought I was going to have reread the books! She is one of my favourite authors, so it would not have been a huge hardship!

Btw....I corresponded with her once about her use of Skelties. Was surprised to find out that never owned one but portrayed them accurately in her books.

Hmmm. Ladvarian....Laddie??? Lad? Var? Varian?
Kinda like Rhahn. Though very close to my son Ryan's name! Not sure how he would feel about that!
kieff is interesting too!
 
Lol! Just read up on what Kief means. It is the residue from marujuana plants. Most potent and bringing on heightened euphoria.

As was previously suggested, naming the dog after Bacca....this would be oddly consistent! Bacca Greek god of wine!

If you are new to the forum you would not know of Bacca's ability to sniff out my teenage sons pot stash....then eat it himself! I came home from work and Ryan had let him out already....he was sprawled on the grass staring out the clouds. No joke. Off to the hospital and stomach pumped. He would have made a fine sniffer dog except for eating the evidence! :sadsmile:
 
Seriously? That is laughs (in a backward looking the-dog-was-OK kind of way). My husband's coworker who lives in the mountains near us, his Jack Russell (Toto) did something similar only with MJ cookies. Toto wasn't in Kansas for quite a while -- I'm sure he thought Oz was quite interesting -- perhaps to the Darkside of the Moon soundtrack even.

Best one of mine did was contriband candy bars out of my drummer-husband's gig bag and some vitamins out of a pill keeper.

Laughs.
 
So awesome....I thought I was going to have reread the books! She is one of my favourite authors, so it would not have been a huge hardship!

Btw....I corresponded with her once about her use of Skelties. Was surprised to find out that never owned one but portrayed them accurately in her books.

Hmmm. Ladvarian....Laddie??? Lad? Var? Varian?
Kinda like Rhahn. Though very close to my son Ryan's name! Not sure how he would feel about that!
kieff is interesting too!

forget Rhahn, she is Vae's aunt :lol:
I like Kief, it was him and Lloyd that took charge of the stables.
I love her books too!
I asked her the same question, because she totally nailed their personalities. and even their colorings, as most of them are described in the books as to what color.
 
the names of the scelties in Anne Bishop's books, dark jewel series are
vae
Khollie
darkmist
darcy
lizzie
kharr
Bryant
wynne
duffy
kief
Lloyd
keely
moore
these are the ones that lived in Cassidy's court
ladvarian - jaenelle's.
rhahn
mentioned in same book
( from the book Shalador's lady

beaten to it:rolleyes2:

So awesome....I thought I was going to have reread the books! She is one of my favourite authors, so it would not have been a huge hardship!

Btw....I corresponded with her once about her use of Skelties. Was surprised to find out that never owned one but portrayed them accurately in her books.

Hmmm. Ladvarian....Laddie??? Lad? Var? Varian?
Kinda like Rhahn. Though very close to my son Ryan's name! Not sure how he would feel about that!
kieff is interesting too!


I did start rereading:winkgrin:
 
As was previously suggested, naming the dog after Bacca....this would be oddly consistent! Bacca Greek god of wine!

I once knew a woman named Dorcas, which is Greek for a gazelle. She named her only child Tabitha, which is the Hebrew version of the same word.

Bacchus is generally the name by which the Romans knew the God of Wine. The Greeks, however, called him Dionysos. So to preserve the concept, you could give your puppy that name, and call him Dio (DEE-oh) for short. Or you could call him Yoni, which is much the same thing. And it would honor the memory of poor, dear Bacca.
 
Back
Top