Gavin can't walk anymore :(

Just caught up with this thread. Cried a bit cuz my Mackie's rear went out completely and vet said nothing we could do. Praying Gavin continues to improve.
Chiro sure helped Fillion! Hope you can find someone!
What wheels are you talking about for Gavin? Link? Koko is slipping a LOT lately and it has me concerned.
 
No change this morning. He can still stand if I help him up, but not for too long.
Last evening he was laying next to me on the couch, and his formerly good rear leg was twitching a lot, kinda like when he's dreaming but he was wide awake. Never seen it do that before.


Gavin has walkin' wheels. rear end wheelchair.
 
well, I have an update. So I take Gavin on a stroller walk Tue/Thur/Sat. He knows my routine, and I was getting ready and went to the back to get my shoes. I hear Gavin moving around, by the time I can run into the living room, he was standing! he somehow got himself up, so he got a nice hug and I helped him stand a bit before I helped him back down. On his walk, I got him out and laid him on the grass for a break. He wasn't having it and wanted to get up. I helped him up and he walked/stumbled a bit.

I just got him home, and he was just trying to get up again from his dog bed. So back into his crate. I really don't want him straining too much too soon. I will keep up with 3 potty breaks in his wheelchair a day and some assisted stands to help build things up. But it's a good sign. I think I will have to crate him more often though, as before he couldn't even really try and get up so he just laid in his beds whereas now he is definitely trying.
 
He HATES being crated while I am home. And since he can't hear, I am having trouble keeping him from trying to get up. His stands are better, though. Now I know why vets are always drugging dogs, its not that they need the pain relief but it's the only way to keep them from injuring themselves further!
 
Back
Top