Gavin can't walk anymore :(

So do I, so do I.
I am very lucky that Gavin is already used to his wheelchair, and that he is so used to being handled/lifted/carried. He is being so darn sweet through all of this. But he is stubborn :) He doesn't like being left in a different room from me, which is not an issue when he can just get up and follow me. Not so good now. I don't want him to hurt himself trying to get up before he is ready.
 
So tonite we worked on standing. Gavin stood and ate dinner all by himself. He just needs help standing up, which he tries to do a lot. He hasn't shown much interest in trying to walk most of the time, even if I am supporting his rear a bit. I did try a help me up rear harness, and he can walk a bit with it, but he wasn't comfortable with it yet.
 
this morning (after a LONG night), Gavin did good on his chair pee and drinking water. He then proceeds to get up and go outside to poop on his own. His bad leg is knuckling under a bit, causing him to slip. I will need to macguyver him a boot of some sort that keeps his toes from dragging.. I have several older boots I can sacrifice in the attempt.
 
So tonite we worked on standing. Gavin stood and ate dinner all by himself. He just needs help standing up, which he tries to do a lot. He hasn't shown much interest in trying to walk most of the time, even if I am supporting his rear a bit. I did try a help me up rear harness, and he can walk a bit with it, but he wasn't comfortable with it yet.
So happy to hear he’s doing somewhat better. These guys are so determined!
 
Back
Top