Gavin can't walk anymore :(

he definitely needs some extra attention on his bad leg. When he tries to walk it can't keep up, its too slow getting under him so it trips him up. He definitely doesn't like being crated or his movement limited. But he's OK with the wheelchair, so thats good. Will just have to take things day by day now.
 
well, he can sit up on his own. he wouldn't even try last night. And he I can see him trying to stand up (poor guy looks so confused). I had him stand with a little bit of assistance, and them Into the crate he goes, I don't want him to overdo it. Short attempts and then rest. Will keep you updated throughout the day if things improve.
this is very scary stuff....last night all I could think about was how I would live without my little old boy.
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
 
he definitely needs some extra attention on his bad leg. When he tries to walk it can't keep up, its too slow getting under him so it trips him up. He definitely doesn't like being crated or his movement limited. But he's OK with the wheelchair, so thats good. Will just have to take things day by day now.
I can't remember. Have you ever tried a brace on his back leg before?
 
I did. didnt do any good. His limp was still there. It looked pretty much identical to without. AT this point, I think the brace would prevent him from keeping his bad leg retracted enough to swing under his hip, which is sort of what is happening at times.
 
He did eat on his own this morning, standing by his elevated bowls. He really wants to walk, but his bad leg just gives out on him. He has always used it as a crutch and never did the tripod hop. when he is on a 'walk' he kinda skips and uses his bad leg to kinda propel him along without bearing weight. his slow walk/limp is where he used that bad leg. I guess I haven't been having him limp around the block as much lately in favor of 'walks' so I need to get back to that.
 
well, my sweet little old man busted himself out of puppy jail when I was at work today.
It's a soft crate with mesh doors and zippers....need I say more? I came home and walked to my bedroom and guess who was at the door? Obviously he made it down the hallway but couldn't make it further....no idea how long he was there as I was only gone 5 hours.

he keeps trying to get up and walk.....guess that means he is ready for PT!
 
I had Gavin in the rear end harness for a bit, helping him hobble around. Then he gets all spunky and starts walking on his own. surprised me how well he was doing. I am scared what he is gonna do tomorrow when I leave him in his crate again! I am hopeful now that we can work on this and get him better. and he is being so sweet about it....
 
Back
Top