Gavin can't walk anymore :(

Aww Gavin is such a sweet boy Cindy! I’m so happy to hear he’s improving so quickly!
Could you maybe put the crate in the bathroom? That way if he got out there’d be nowhere for him to go...
I know how easy those soft crates are to get out of...Finnie chewed his way out when he was a pup and again last year when I’d put him in it when we had to take my mom to the hospital. I’m getting good at patching it lol.
Behave yourself Gavin until your mom gets home!
 
I so wish that you had a work-from-home option. Even is for only a few days a week. I would plead with my managers to allow it. Pets are our family. If you had a family member in need human or furry... allowances should be made for work at home!
 
Gavin really does sleep most of the day away, so working from home is probably not necessary. Today the crate goes in my bedroom so there is no place for him to go if he gets out! My hours are normally pretty short anyway, 5-6 hours at most and sometimes less. So I can't complain. But I work in a lab, so work from home is really not a thing. I could possibly swing 1 day a week at home, but it would take a lot of planning on my part and would just be not as efficient overall so I'd end up working more hours to get things done.

Gavin really seemed to be doing pretty well late last night. He did his nightly poop trip unassisted (after we were just out in his chair for his potty trip) and there was really no significant slipping or anything. The rear harness is nice too, but he can't pee with that on so I am using it in the house only. The best part about the chair is he can potty in it AND he actually uses his bad leg properly when he's walking in it, so I think I will keep using it at least for a while for his 3-4 times a day potty trips. I like the idea of reinforcing proper walking position for that leg, even if it isn't weight bearing.
 
So Gavin has been walking around since I got home. I took him out to pee. He was so excited, but also it was very tiring for him. I carried him back inside cause I was afraid it was too much. i had my neighbor over to say hi to him, and he loved that. now we are snuggling on the couch :)
 
Back
Top