Greyson is in the hospital

yippeee!

So glad greyson is doing so well.
It could happen to anyone with a dog (our lovely furry little garbage disposals), so its extra scarey for all of us when this happens.

Good news is always a great things, especially when 'hospital' is in the thread title!
 
I am so happy that he is back to normal! I was worried about the poor boy. Riley sends Sheltie kisses to his buddy too.
 
I am so happy to hear he made a great recovery! I have to agree this froum has kept my sanity many days. It's a great support system for us all.
 
Great news! Greyson had his bloodwork done again yesterday to see how his liver enzymes were progressing, well the vet just called back and said ALL of his bloodwork is back to normal! The vet said it was most definitely an acute event and that he won't have any long term side effects. He was very surprised that the bloodwork has gone back to normal so quickly, it usually takes longer than just 12 days. Greyson can even start going back to his normal food (slowly). I am so relieved!

Thank you all for being so supportive and giving me advice, I think I would have gone crazy without this forum!! :biggrin2:

I totally missed this thread! I'm so pleased that things are now finally turning around.

I must admit that I'm shocked. The bloodwork results were SO over the top (and believe me, I monitor liver levels closely), I cannot imagine how they went back to normal levels.

Have the vets given any indication as to what could have caused this acute attack?

When all is said, I do recommend though that you get him retested in 6 months time. And a daily dose of milk thistle certainly won't hurt him. Bacca gets it 2 times per time per day, and I'm convinced that this and the reduced protein diet is what is keeping is liver levels under control.

Best of luck to you and Greyson!
 
What great news! Thanks for sharing it with us. I'm so glad that Greyson is doing so much better! :smile2:
 
I am so glad Greyson is getting bettter. You must have been beside yourself with worry. Praying for his continued recovery and your peace of mind.
 
Back
Top