Happy Birthday Piper!

Happy Birthday Piper... a bit late.. so sorry!!!

Hope you enjoyed a wonderful day! My boys would love your snow to play in, they didn't get enough this year, but I am happy to just look at pics of it.
It’s funny how the weather can change from one day to the next! Wednesday it was snowing all day (a wet heavy snow) and driving through it was tough with my little Ford Focus. Thursday the sun was shining and the snow was melting and the roads were considerably better. Our temps are supposed to rise into the 50’s by next week! Unfortunately this will make for a messy wet sloppy yard for the dogs and not so much fun for me haha!
On the plus side I ordered a hard top cedar gazebo from Costco that will be delivered soon so I really need this snow to melt!
I took this photo yesterday, it’s near my side door and the snow is higher than my ex pen I have blocking this area from the dogs. Will be interesting to see how fast it melts!
C80D57BC-BFA2-4C7C-9B26-6D009C0CF548.jpeg
 
On the plus side I ordered a hard top cedar gazebo from Costco that will be delivered soon so I really need this snow to melt!

Exciting! Is it the big one with the brown, vented roof? We have a pergola out on our stone patio and hubby put clear roofing panels on it after we had it a few years. Every time we go to Costco, he drools over their big cedar gazebo.
 
Exciting! Is it the big one with the brown, vented roof? We have a pergola out on our stone patio and hubby put clear roofing panels on it after we had it a few years. Every time we go to Costco, he drools over their big cedar gazebo.
Not sure…it’s the Yardistry 12 x 10 cedar gazebo. It had the best reviews (some of the metal gazebos had horrible reviews with issues like the legs starting to buckle!) and it helped that it was on sale because it didn’t come with mosquito netting so that was considerably more.
We have a pergola that still does a good job providing shade (we did replace the cover a few years ago) but the mosquitoes!
That’s a great idea to put roofing panels on your pergola! The cover I bought as a replacement for ours is incredibly heavy (it’s a bit bigger) and there have been times I’ve had to get the cover off in a hurry because of a storm coming through. Having permanent panels would make it much easier.
 
I’m a bad bad dog owner…..I got a text this morning from our breeder wishing Piper a happy birthday. I had totally forgotten! I think because our weather has been so bad and cold that it still feels like March here (we are currently experiencing a snow storm with a Colorado Low parked above us) it just slipped my mind…poor Piper!
Piper is 8 years old…where has the time gone? Piper is the bestest little dog ever…he was a great obedience dog (until Covid hit and then my broken arm) View attachment 19613 and once Riley passed he took over the reins of being the bossiest dog in my household (although Blueberry does try to push him out of that role). He’s never been the most cuddly dog but that’s changing as he ages…just last night he lay beside me for a good 30 minutes until he thankfully moved (I was literally at the edge of the bed but I wouldn’t ask him to move haha). He reacts to anything electrical (kitchen appliances) and will bark loudly (demanding) for breakfast but is also the sweetest most loveable boy who will put his head on my shoulder when I pick him up (his version of a hug).
Love this boy!
Fortunately as I told Margi dogs don’t know it’s their birthday haha so he’s not offended! He’ll get a special birthday dinner later (I also have to work today so no pictures) and maybe this weekend I’ll take him out to some of his special stores he likes to visit. He’s doesn’t care for toys so no point buying him any but he is a typical Sheltie who loves food so I’ll probably buy him some treats.
I forget my dogs birthdays ever year after the 1st one, lol
 
It’s funny how the weather can change from one day to the next! Wednesday it was snowing all day (a wet heavy snow) and driving through it was tough with my little Ford Focus. Thursday the sun was shining and the snow was melting and the roads were considerably better. Our temps are supposed to rise into the 50’s by next week! Unfortunately this will make for a messy wet sloppy yard for the dogs and not so much fun for me haha!
On the plus side I ordered a hard top cedar gazebo from Costco that will be delivered soon so I really need this snow to melt!
I took this photo yesterday, it’s near my side door and the snow is higher than my ex pen I have blocking this area from the dogs. Will be interesting to see how fast it melts!
View attachment 19614


That looks like snow cave making kind of snow.. yeah a melting mess. Ours is mostly gone now and we have tracked half the back yard into the house and upon the couch etc.. mud season. We put towel down they have to walk across before they come into the main part of the house and it helps but nothing stops it- good luck
 
That looks like snow cave making kind of snow.. yeah a melting mess. Ours is mostly gone now and we have tracked half the back yard into the house and upon the couch etc.. mud season. We put towel down they have to walk across before they come into the main part of the house and it helps but nothing stops it- good luck
Thanks…yes it is a messy time of the year! Funny but they won’t go on the wet part of the yard lol.
Considering a week ago the daytime high was -5 C and today it went to 14 C it’s melting fast….one side of my yard gets more shade from the fence and there’s snow there. The other side gets full sun and 3/4 of it has melted and the rest is snow over a wet slush. They avoid this like the plague fortunately for me haha! As it melts I also have to get out there and clean up poop I missed (I do miss some over the winter lol)…a week from now it’ll be dry (or at least not sopping wet) and then they’ll be bringing in grass!
 
Thanks…yes it is a messy time of the year! Funny but they won’t go on the wet part of the yard lol.
Considering a week ago the daytime high was -5 C and today it went to 14 C it’s melting fast….one side of my yard gets more shade from the fence and there’s snow there. The other side gets full sun and 3/4 of it has melted and the rest is snow over a wet slush. They avoid this like the plague fortunately for me haha! As it melts I also have to get out there and clean up poop I missed (I do miss some over the winter lol)…a week from now it’ll be dry (or at least not sopping wet) and then they’ll be bringing in grass!

:):) I know what you mean about snow and poop and- gag- when it melts you pay the price. I have my crocs on when I go out to do post melt clean up. We have snow that is resisting the sun and especially the stuff where the dogs have tracted dirt on it- it seems to protect it from melting like sawdust does on ice blocks but mercifully it is going albeit slowly and yes revealing nuggets.
 
Back
Top