scottanddeb
Forums Enthusiast
Hi everybody;
we are the proud new parents of a sheltie puppy.
we believe he is 18weeks (though that is in question -we may have been victims of a bait & switch -more on that later)
anyways -we'll find that out when we bring him to the vet.
here's our problem;
the puppy panics big time when our other three shelties bark. he tries to climb out of his pen (folding gate/portable pen sort of arrangement) -I'm going to have to put a sheet of plywood over it to keep him in I guess.
when we are not home we keep him in his crate, for now. but we can't keep him in the crate forever.
he is very sweet & likes to be picked up & held -but he is terrified of the other dogs & their barking.
He freaks out so much that I have had to pick him up to keep him from injuring himself -I have been bitten 4 times so far.
we had a puppy before -but we got him at 9 weeks -his biggest problem was shyness -not this aggressivness.
I don't blame the pup -he was out of his mind with fear and again -he is very sweet.
any suggestions?
we can't stop the other dogs from barking -I'm tired of getting bit (three other dogs -one we've had for 9 years & I never got bit!) and giving up is not an option -this is his forever home no matter what.
help!
scottanddeb
we are the proud new parents of a sheltie puppy.
we believe he is 18weeks (though that is in question -we may have been victims of a bait & switch -more on that later)
anyways -we'll find that out when we bring him to the vet.
here's our problem;
the puppy panics big time when our other three shelties bark. he tries to climb out of his pen (folding gate/portable pen sort of arrangement) -I'm going to have to put a sheet of plywood over it to keep him in I guess.
when we are not home we keep him in his crate, for now. but we can't keep him in the crate forever.
he is very sweet & likes to be picked up & held -but he is terrified of the other dogs & their barking.
He freaks out so much that I have had to pick him up to keep him from injuring himself -I have been bitten 4 times so far.
we had a puppy before -but we got him at 9 weeks -his biggest problem was shyness -not this aggressivness.
I don't blame the pup -he was out of his mind with fear and again -he is very sweet.
any suggestions?
we can't stop the other dogs from barking -I'm tired of getting bit (three other dogs -one we've had for 9 years & I never got bit!) and giving up is not an option -this is his forever home no matter what.
help!
scottanddeb
Good luck!