Is there a rescue group in Spokane area?

Buddy's Tale

Everyone was so supportive last fall when we gave up our pup Buddy to the Sheltie Rescue here. We have been in contact with the rescuer and I wanted to let you all know that Buddy has done very well in his new home (he's been renamed Charlie)! He is an only dog and there are no children. He's overcoming his shyness bit by bit.

The rescue organization promised us that they would remember us if they heard of a Sheltie needing a home and that would be older and not be hard on our elderly Sheltie Maggie Mae. 3 weeks ago they called and said a breeder had a 7-year old blue merle female they would like to adopt out. She is a darling and she's ours!! She's never been a pet but never been abused or neglected either. She had to learn her name and how to be in a house. She's doing so well. She is both an American and Canadian champion and has become a real member of our family. She and Maggie Mae basically ignore one another but are never competitive.

A happy ending!! Thanks again to everyone who helped us make up our minds about our little Buddy (Charlie!). :smile2:
 
Congratulations! I am happy to hear that Buddy/Charlie found his forever home, and that you have found a dog that is happy in your home.
 
Julie, I am glad to hear your tough decision ended with two (no, three, including Maggie Mae) happy dogs. So glad it worked out the way it did.

Now you know we need picture of this new dog, right? :wink2:
 
Julie, I am glad to hear your tough decision ended with two (no, three, including Maggie Mae) happy dogs. So glad it worked out the way it did.

Now you know we need picture of this new dog, right? :wink2:

second the pic request :yes:
so glad that everything worked out :smile2:
 
That is great news. So glad to hear Buddy got a fresh start.

What's your new girls name? She must be a beauty, is she a sable?
 
Thanks for your update.

I would love to see pictures of your new girl....and a name :biggrin2:

Blue Merles have recently stolen my heart.
 
ohhhhhhhhh what GREAT news! Win WIn situation!
I remember how tough time this was for you!
I would be remiss if I wasn't asking for YES, you guessed it a photo or two? ;)
 
What a wonderful happy ending! Sometimes the hardest decisions make the most sense given a little time. I know your new girl must be so thrilled to be a beloved pet." Sounds like she was just a "show toy" before.
 
Back
Top