Is there a rescue group in Spokane area?

Buddy is with his foster family

Thank you, everyone, for helping during this long, hard decision. The rescue people have been just wonderful. Buddy left early this afternoon - he had his crate, bed, toys, towels, treats and food so that he wouldn't leave anything but us and our home behind. I already received a call that he had come out of his crate and was following his foster mom everywhere she went. He'll have a large back yard with a good, comfortable dog pack for now. The people next door have an agility area which would be wonderful for Buddy. He runs for the pure joy of running and he looks like he's flying!

After he's been fostered for awhile, they will then find the best match they can for him. It's so comforting to know that if it doesn't work out for any reason, he will go back to the rescue group.

This afternoon my husband and I slept. We didn't expect to be so drained. We were terribly disappointed and so sad for our little guy, but the relief is amazing. Maggie Mae has been sleeping all afternoon, too. She is a happy little Sheltie!
 
I've never been in that situation before, but I'm sure it must be break your heart. It seems like you really did all the right things. You did the best thing you could for him.
 
I'm sorry it came to that, but I also think you did the right thing. :yes: A rescue is much, much better than an animal shelter. If he bites he wouldn't have made it long, and they would have put him down for sure (at the shelter I mean).
 
An Update on Buddy the Fearful Sheltie

Buddy has left his foster home and just today went to his new forever (I hope!) home. The rescue organization checked out the home and we'll be doing the paperwork tomorrow. A couple with no children at home are adopting him and feel capable of working through his fear and shyness issues. The foster mom discovered he really likes cats and kittens and the new home has three cats - he will love that!

I miss him every day but the stress level in our home has decreased and Maggie Mae is a happy and confident little Sheltie again. We will never get another dog without letting her choose! :o

Thanks again for all your support during this really hard time!
 
It sounds like a happy ending to what was a very stressful chapter in all your lives. God bless you for working so hard to do the best for Buddy and Maggie Mae.
 
I am very happy to hear that Buddy has found a forever home. It sounds like a great situation for him. I'm also happy that things are returning to normal at your house.
 
That's great news - and little Buddy now has his own flock to herd (even if they are cats). Sounds like everything worked out well.
 
Another rescue success story.

A big kudos for everyone who has either rescued, fostered, or run a dog rescue. Your efforts and time are invaluable. Thank-you.
 
I'm glad to read that Buddy has a new home! I hope everything works out well for him and his family. You did the best thing you could even though it was a tough decission. I'm glad that you all feel back to normal now. Hugs to everyone!
 
Back
Top