Lexi's getting spayed

Ashley, we all understand how you feel. I'm sure Lexi will do great and be back to her old self shortly. Sometimes I think it's harder on us parents then it is on the dogs!
 
Are they keeping her overnight? I know a lot of vets don't, but some do. You might have already said, but if you did I overlooked it. :uhoh:
 
Are they keeping her overnight? I know a lot of vets don't, but some do. You might have already said, but if you did I overlooked it. :uhoh:

Nope, we'll pick her up tomorrow evening. They said she is their first spay of the day, so it should happen around 8/9 a.m. I'm going to wait until as late as possible to pick her up :) I mean of course I want to see her, and I'll call ASAP, but I'd rather her be with the vet as long as possible!
 
Nope, we'll pick her up tomorrow evening. They said she is their first spay of the day, so it should happen around 8/9 a.m. I'm going to wait until as late as possible to pick her up :) I mean of course I want to see her, and I'll call ASAP, but I'd rather her be with the vet as long as possible!

Yeah. I kind of had mixed feelings about leaving Fluff at the vet's overnight, but now that it's over with I think it was a good thing. :yes:
 
It's fine to worry about your baby! I will think of her tomorrow and hope everything goes well. Expect some odd behavior the first day or so - Duncan was really not himself. When the cone goes on, he still acts really weird. I'm sure she will be fine with it, though!
 
Nope, we'll pick her up tomorrow evening. They said she is their first spay of the day, so it should happen around 8/9 a.m. I'm going to wait until as late as possible to pick her up :) I mean of course I want to see her, and I'll call ASAP, but I'd rather her be with the vet as long as possible!
Phebe had her spay in the morning and came home in the late afternoon, too. As long as the surgery is routine, I prefer this. When they're uncomfortable, I think they prefer being in familiar surroundings. I know I do.
 
I would much rather them come home, since most vets don't have any one that stays over night. Thinking of you already Ashley and Lexi....she should be on her way to the vets about now.
 
I will be thinking of you guys today.

Chloe also had her spay early in the morning and came home around 4PM. She did great. She was much more comfortable home in her own surroundings snuggled in her own crate.
 
Thinking of you today. Emma went in to the vet's around 8:00, had her spay around 10:45 and I picked her up at 4:30. Given her history, she did really well. The biggest problem was keeping her from running. The next day, it was like she had had nothing done - no evidence of any wound (incision problems) or pain. Your puppy will do fine - we worry anyway.
 
Back
Top