Lord, help me!

Feel free to call me crazy...I taught Kip to spin and I’m teaching him to bark on cue. Im teaching him to bark to help get him fired up for agility training :ROFLMAO:
well, theoretically, when things are taught and the dog is given a cue to do that thing, you can then also teach a stop and/or they only do it when told.
Be careful with the barking for agility- many times when dogs are barking, they stop thinking and you don't want that in agility................................
 
Monty barks a lot but that is the only thing I'm able to control. When he starts I just grab Mr Broccoli and he come back and takes him off me....then it's harder for him to be noisy with a mouth full of broccoli.
The rest of the things he does I just have to let happen as no matter what I do he finds a way around. Yesterday is a good example of his average day, he was on the dinner table 3 or 4 times, chewed the TV remote (again, i'm onto No 6), Shouted to be out the empty bath 3 times, climbed on the girls bedroom table and destroyed their lego harry potter, chewed my work shoe, threw himself off my cupboard multiple times (because it makes a bang), knocked his water dish all over the floor 3 times (he finds it funny i think), Stole my phone charger wire, chews on the side of the sofa a ton, climbed on the shoe cupboard shelf and knocked all the cleaning bottles all off.

There's probably more that I forgot, It used to be hard but now I just look past it and see the funny side. I'm sure he'll calm down at some point and then I'll miss it all. Plus with naughty dogs you know something is wrong the minute they stop, so it's like an early warning system haha. My biggest thing was changing my mindet and not letting it get to me, now I don't mind, although it has been a huge learning curve.
He gets a ton of walks and played with a lot and it doesn't help, I think we just get some dogs that have to occupy themselves all day.

I hope things get better for you but your not alone, a lot of us are going through it :yes:
Wow! That is one long list! If you consider the alternative it is totally tolerable. Needless to say, you are the best owner little Monty could ever found here on earth! A match made in heaven!
 
Monty barks a lot but that is the only thing I'm able to control. When he starts I just grab Mr Broccoli and he come back and takes him off me....then it's harder for him to be noisy with a mouth full of broccoli.
The rest of the things he does I just have to let happen as no matter what I do he finds a way around. Yesterday is a good example of his average day, he was on the dinner table 3 or 4 times, chewed the TV remote (again, i'm onto No 6), Shouted to be out the empty bath 3 times, climbed on the girls bedroom table and destroyed their lego harry potter, chewed my work shoe, threw himself off my cupboard multiple times (because it makes a bang), knocked his water dish all over the floor 3 times (he finds it funny i think), Stole my phone charger wire, chews on the side of the sofa a ton, climbed on the shoe cupboard shelf and knocked all the cleaning bottles all off.

There's probably more that I forgot, It used to be hard but now I just look past it and see the funny side. I'm sure he'll calm down at some point and then I'll miss it all. Plus with naughty dogs you know something is wrong the minute they stop, so it's like an early warning system haha. My biggest thing was changing my mindet and not letting it get to me, now I don't mind, although it has been a huge learning curve.
He gets a ton of walks and played with a lot and it doesn't help, I think we just get some dogs that have to occupy themselves all day.

I hope things get better for you but your not alone, a lot of us are going through it :yes:

:eek2: :pop Patience, thy name is Darren!!! :lol:
 
This is so true. I think sometimes when I’m really stressed by life (not Mindy) it is that much harder to find my positive side. Thanks for helping me center.

I know what you mean, there's some days you just have to take a deep breath when they are demanding attention. On the other side it can also help take your mind off real world things while you're trying to understand them or chasing them around haha.

Wow! That is one long list! If you consider the alternative it is totally tolerable. Needless to say, you are the best owner little Monty could ever found here on earth! A match made in heaven!

:eek2: :pop Patience, thy name is Darren!!! :lol:

Gloria, I just keep telling myself it's fun to have a dog with personality haha. Like Chris said as well, it takes nearly losing them to really put things in perspective.

haha Sharon I'd say it's more like I have no other choice than patience. If I try to put him in time out he just runs away and causes more chaos, if I get annoyed it becomes a fun game so he does it more. Now I just walk past the table and automatically lift him down....sometimes I like to give a little sigh for effect :lol:
 
haha Sharon I'd say it's more like I have no other choice than patience. If I try to put him in time out he just runs away and causes more chaos, if I get annoyed it becomes a fun game so he does it more. Now I just walk past the table and automatically lift him down....sometimes I like to give a little sigh for effect :lol:[/QUOTE]

“A little sigh for effect”. Love it. Drinking also helps. ;)
 
Back
Top