New Pup for Barb and Indy????

Barb, I want to wish you luck in your search for a new dog. I know the right one is out there for you... although I secretly hope it's another Sheltie. I am biased :winkgrin:. I believe that getting a new dog after the loss of one is good for healing. Obviously a new dog won't replace, but it distracts you from the pain and brings a little light in your life. Plus Indy sounds like he likes having a buddy.:hugs
 
I'm really am so sorry about the lose of Bacca. I've always enjoyed your pics and stories of him and Indy. Adding a new dog will help heal yours and Indy's hearts. You will never forget Bacca, but it should make his lose a little less painful.
 
Barb, I don't think God "tests" us -- never did. He lets the world unfold and supports us through our days and struggles, and rejoices in our triumphs. So He will smile with me when you and Indy find your new family member!!
:hugs

My take on it has always been that if we were not free, there would be no reason for our existence. Being free, we are subject to dynamism of the material cosmos.
 
Barb, God does not give us more crosses to bear than we can handle, if He brings you to it, He will see you through it.

If one, or both of these baby's are right for you and Indy, you will know it, maybe the Pom rescue is right for now. No, not to help you forget Bacca, that will NEVER happen, but the Pom will be different enough that it might be a little easier to heal, then a little further down the road, introduce another Sheltie to your family. Whatever happens you will know in your heart what is the right move. Good luck, keep us posted. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new baby.
 
I'm a firm believer that we never "replace" a lost pup, but when we open our hearts to a new one, it helps us heal. When I lost my first Sheltie, Scruffy, I was devastated and swore I didn't want another puppy for a long time. Less than a month later, Pixie's picture appeared in my inbox and I knew immediately she was meant to be mine.

Let your heart tell you what's right when you meet these pups. You'll know if one should come home with you. I hope one is "it" for you and Indy. It doesn't mitigate the pain but it does help fill the void and, in time, the hole in your heart.
 
Barb, I don't think God "tests" us -- never did. He lets the world unfold and supports us through our days and struggles, and rejoices in our triumphs. So He will smile with me when you and Indy find your new family member!!
:hugs

Chris, I believe as you do. I believe in what be will be. I will continue to take one day at a time. I learn from my struggles and hopefully grow from them, and maybe become a better person. And when I do good, I feel good. I don't necessarily attribute this to a specific god, but I do believe that something is holding me together, for some reason I can't explain....because frankly, because of all I have lived through, I don't understand why I'm still functioning. (yeah, there is more to my story not ever posted here)
 
So met Gem today with Indy. It was not love at first sight for Indy, but in his defence he was in her turf, which was full of dog smells from at least another 8 dogs. It took him awhile to settle. Then she went pee and suddenly she became interesting. The sniffed around each other a fair bit, and she made one or two overtures like play. Indy wasn't there yet. But then he started to explore the yard behind her


She is a lovely red sable. (Love the reds). Very petite compared to my boys. Short on undercoat but may still grow into it. Lovely face...and for since reason she was super focussed on me from the start. Jumping up and following me around. The breeder kept asking me if I had treats in my pockets. I never carry treats. But she kept following me....even when I tried to distance myself to get her and Indy to interact.

I think I connected with this girl. I think it's done in my mind...except she said that there is someone else interested too.....I may lose her. V

Price ain't cheap, but frankly I don't really want to negotiate. I know what breeders invest.
 
Back
Top