NorthEast Meet Up 6/26/10

I found it too, it does look nice...but it seems not very pet friendly. I couldn't walk the dogs around, they would need to be confined to the site only.

I will keep searching.

Well...we will definitely not be there. My family overuled me and we are heading down to Deep Creek Lake, MD for our camping trip.

You all must take lots of pictures!!!!
 
5 Weeks away!!!

If anyone wants to come or can not make it, please post up or PM me.
This is the list so far...
1. Sharon
2. RonAndJan
3. Take4Roll10
4. Herd4fun - Maybe
5. Lightplum
6. Allendj
7. Jan244 - Most Likely
8. Janice
9. DPSheltie - maybe

Would you all like to BBQ, since there are BBQ's there? We would all have to chip in and bring something: burgers, hotdogs, buns, drinks, snacks, ketchup, ice etc. I've BBQ in parks with friends before and it always went well. Except for when the person who was supposed to bring drinks didn't show up.... lol
OR we can all bring our own personal sandwiches and snacks for ourselves. Either one works for me. :biggrin2:
 
anything is OK

What ever you decide is OK. The grills are small charcoal grills so we might have to commandeer several. Also when it comes to drinks this is a state park so no alcohol. I'm looking forward to the get together. Also I may be able to bring several X pens if I can detach them from the garage.
Doug, Maxine and Flora.
 
Address is: 275 Great Neck Road, Waterford, CT

I think it would be fun to BBQ.

Here's what we'll need:
1. Hot dogs & buns - TAKE4ROLL10
2. Hamburgers & buns
3. Condiments - TAKE4ROLL10
4. Plates/cups/napkins - TAKE4ROLL10
5. Drinks (sodas, water, watever)
6. A cooler & Ice
7. Chips/snacks
8. Aluminum foil
9. Coal (ready to light) & Lighter

I will bring: Hot dogs and buns, condiments and plates/cups/napkins.

Let me know what you can all bring.

And if something happens the day of, please PM me if you can't make it. I have internet on my phone and will check it on the drive up. This way, I can stop by a supermarket and pick up what you were going to bring.
 
Address is: 275 Great Neck Road, Waterford, CT

I think it would be fun to BBQ.

Here's what we'll need:
1. Hot dogs & buns - TAKE4ROLL10
2. Hamburgers & buns
3. Condiments - TAKE4ROLL10
4. Plates/cups/napkins - TAKE4ROLL10
5. Drinks (sodas, water, watever)
6. A cooler & Ice
7. Chips/snacks Ron and Jan
8. Aluminum foil
9. Coal (ready to light) & Lighter
10. Potato Salad Ron and Jan

I will bring: Hot dogs and buns, condiments and plates/cups/napkins.

Let me know what you can all bring.

And if something happens the day of, please PM me if you can't make it. I have internet on my phone and will check it on the drive up. This way, I can stop by a supermarket and pick up what you were going to bring.

We can bring a large potato salad and chips and snacks. We will also bring our cooler full of ice and an ice tea or lemonade.

I probably will make a Baked Bean Pot too.

Are we thinking about 10 to 15 people?

(We are quasi vegetarian, so don't plan on us on the meat side.)
 
In all fairness to Abby, I need to know what goes on at these meets.....Abby still has restrictions and can not run and play with others. If other dogs are running around and Abby has to remain on a leash, well , she will go nutzo. So do all the dogs run and play the whole time? I really want to come and meet others, but I want to be fair to Abby too. She is good with other dogs on a leash....but I would never expect or ask you all to stop yoour dogs from playing. Maybe we will have to make a short visit and not stay long, or perhaps visit and then walk Abby around the park if its not to hot. Let me know what you think.
 
We can keep McKinley on a leash, that is no problem.

I think Miss Bailey stays on a leash as well.

And I have never been here before, so it may be a requirement both by the park and the safety of the pup to remain on leash.

Come and visit with us. We would love to meet Abby.
 
Bailey will be on a leash and I'm sure the park requires dogs to be on leash too. I believe Allendj is bringing an xpen for them to play a little, but other than that they will most likely all be on leash.

Abbysdad, this is all our first time doing this sheltie meet up too, so it's new to us as well :biggrin2:
 
Harkness Memorial Park

The park does require dogs be leashed, but I am planning to bring 4 sections (64 feet 20 foot circle) of Xpen.
I will also bring soda, juice, water and a cooler of ice.
I'll try to get there early (11:30 - 12:00) and claim a shady spot. the best picnic areas are near the parking lot so if I'm successful you won't have any trouble finding us.
If any of you are kite flyers, Harkness is one of the best places to fly.
If anyone needs directions let me know and I'll get you lost.:lol:
I know I'm listed as "Allendj" but the name is Doug. I guess I used the allendj because it's a hold over from business.
Harkness is a beautiful spot on Long Island Sound with lots of room to walk the dogs.
 
Back
Top