Now the interminable wait ....

And then the big one. Were we out of our minds getting a puppy at this stage of our lives???

That thought ran through my head a few times the first few days after bringing Baker home. But now that we have settled into a routine - wouldn't give him up for anything!
 
I imagine when we are sleep deprived and needle teeth have worn the shiny new patina off our dreams... we will smile and say, Yes, absolutely, we were nuts! :lol:

However, I am so ready for this!!!
 
I imagine when we are sleep deprived and needle teeth have worn the shiny new patina off our dreams... we will smile and say, Yes, absolutely, we were nuts! :lol:

However, I am so ready for this!!!

After waiting for the past 9 months I am as ready as I ever am going to be. I'm sitting here in Canada looking on Amazon....hmm what else do I need to buy now!!
 
He is recovering from surgery and is not up to do any pictures.

Glad you got a response. I hope breeder is okay. Surgeries are almost never pleasant. Hint Hint 2GoodDogs!

I am with Kristie on this. I have been reminding my husband SO many times "it gets better". It is getting better. He would sleep through the night except I get up and it wakes him. We haven't had an accident in quite a while. He now can alert to potty which helps. He is still a landshark but not so much. I wouldn't trade him for anything either! (the dog, not the husband -- faulty pronoun reference, yikes).

I don't envy the first few weeks for you two, but I look forward to all the pix. You will both do great! You are not nuts for getting a pup at this stage of your life. You are perfectly sane in adding a treasured companion at this most perfect time of your lives.

Just remember -- the first night is NOT a reflection of the the rest of your lives!
 
Last edited:
I imagine when we are sleep deprived and needle teeth have worn the shiny new patina off our dreams... we will smile and say, Yes, absolutely, we were nuts! :lol:

However, I am so ready for this!!!

Yes, probably so. But I would wager that you will also say, "but we're glad we were nuts enough to do it".
 
8 days and counting down!

It's happening! I chose my puppy and she comes home soon!

Excited, nervous, disbelief, OMG WHAT HAVE I DONE, and happy happy happy Puppy Puppy Puppy, I loves a little bitty puppy!!!! :D
 
She's already changing so fast! Those face markings are all askew, and she's heavily white factored... but she's bold and fearless and has an attitude, I think I will have my hands very full... :biggrin2:

There is a new picture of her on FB, I'll see if I can't get the link...
 
Congratulations -- now don't let her go manipulating you all . . . what am I saying, of course she will! Hee Hee. Melli is giving a wink and "a WTG little girl! A brave little girlie after my own heart!"
 
Back
Top