Petland

sable

Forums Enthusiast
I haven't been to a Petland forever. They had an ad in the paper, 50 different breeds, 100 dogs for sale. There was a Petland right there next to the store I was going in. The cages were full, NO SHELTIES, I would have barfed on their floor right then.

They had the cages marked 45% 55%. There was a corgi 55% off. I said what is the price on her she is beautiful. Wellllllllll the breeder wanted $1400, and she is now 55% off. I told the girl $1400??? I can buy the best corgi on the ground with shipping if I wanted to buy for alot less then that.

They give free neuter and spay, all dogs are microchipped, updated shots. Every puppy was down sleeping in a cage. If I could of, I would have ran away with all of them.

If there was a sheltie in there I would have had to bit my tongue off. I wonder if they get these pups from that 1-800 number where they have all those breeds for sale in every state?
 
OMG - 100 dogs, what are they running, a farm! Poor things. Is it a sale to clear the cages for the xmas rush? But so many people don't know they can get quality pets through breeders for less. $1400 for a Corgi, and they still end up in the pounds!
 
Petland gets there animals-at least most, if not all of them-from mills. You can look up Petland breeding mills on google and see for yourself. Very sad. :(
You can get great animals from shelters, rescues, and breeders less than that.
Please remember not to shop at any store that sells ANY animals. Your still supporting breeding mills even if they don't sell dogs or cats but rodent etc. Even if you buy an animal and think you "saving" them, you have to keep in mind that they get replaced just as quickly as you bought them.
 
When I read that ad, I had to go in and be nosey, and I was so sad I did.

They run their own puppy mill, I had no idea. I thought they got them from someone who did. No I wouldn't buy a pet from them. I feel so bad for the pups they are victims, and I feel worse for the buyers, the pups were just laying there everyone of them. They had quite a number, and the tea cup size there were two in a cage.

People will come in and buy them up for Christmas and a % of them will end up in a shelter. It will take me how many more years to go back.
 
Ron won't let me in a pet store like that. He knows my nature and that would be to run grab a whole bag ofull of treats and then open all the cages real fast like and then do my "come" whistle and the next thing he and all the employees would see is all the dogs trying to get into the Xterra. (My son is the same way. We made a pack to never never go into a pet store together)

I hate what this world is coming to in terms of inhumanity.

I am just on a soap box here this morning! Sorry one and all!
 
There is a locally owned pet store like this in my area. Again, I keep foolishly thinking that all the "bad people" live somewhere else. Not in my town. It couldn't be!

Wrong. :(

My dad and I went into a pet shop that had just relocated. They were open for business but hadn't finished putting up all of their products out yet. They had the pet shop usuals - mice, bunnies with matted fur, tropical fish (never buy dyed fish by the way!). Then all of a sudden one of the employees says in a really loud voice, "Ok, can everybody please move? We're bring out the PUPPIES!"

Oh heck no. :mad:


I told my dad we were leaving NOW, and we went to PetSmart to get our stuff. Why are people so cruel?!
 
We have a small Petland store in my area as well. They sell mostly cross breeds for the disgusting price of $1400. I can't believe that people actually pay that much for a dog.

It amazes me how ignorant people still are and that many have no clue of what a puppy Mill is. My brother and sister in law bought a cross breed in teh spring and happily announced that they got it from a puppy broker, that there were cages of other breeds too, like it was a normal thing. Poor puppy, no social skills to begin with and no manners what so ever, even for a puppy.

We do have a couple of Petsmart's in my area, and I believe they have the right idea, at least where dogs and cats are concerned. They don't sell dogs at all and all of the cats they have come from local SPCA's.
 
I love to go in those stores..get my arms all loaded up with the most expensive things in the store...then pretend I just noticed that they have puppies...I get all indignate and loud...how I would never support a store like that and drop all my would be purchases and leave...usually I get alot of people following me...


Where we are now in Germany..I've never seen any animals for sale..except fish...of course I prolly don't know where all the pet stores are..but the ones I know of and go to, don't.

Julie
Clancy & Abby
 
I never liked Petland. My aunt got two dogs there - both were terribly sick dogs! And they were trying to encourage my Aunt to breed them!

I applied there once, partly out of curiosity. At the interview they told me that a workers only pay income comes from selling the puppies (you get a percentage). So that is why they are so pushy. I could never in my life time push dogs on people, I would be telling them to go somewhere else. One time I was in there and the lady was telling a young couple that labs were "great apartment dogs because they are so calm!".

They always have shelties at the petland near us - and it is pitiful. You can tell they are very poorly bred. Often times they are skin and bones, and they never have that puppy fluff you see on most sheltie pups. They also have very thin muzzles and bad conformation.

http://www.petstorecruelty.org/hallofshame.html
 
Back
Top