Petland

Any suggestions?

Instead of animal control call the actual police. Here there are rules against setting up things like that roadside. People can't beg for money roadside, either. If nothing else maybe seeing the police will scare her off bad enough.

Not giving the federal government their tax money is very shady, don't you think? What are the odds that she's paying taxes off the money she makes on the dogs? :wink2:
 
Our local PetCo and PetSmart don't sell dogs except on the weekends when a rescue or shelter brings in dogs they have for adoption. They do sometimes have cats/kittens but these, again, are animals from a local shelter (there is always a sign posted saying which shelter they are from). These shelters will also bring in other cats on some weekends.

It's a much better option. Unfortunately, this too leads to "impulse" buys that ultimately send the pup back to the shelter again. :cry:
 
Instead of animal control call the actual police. Here there are rules against setting up things like that roadside. People can't beg for money roadside, either. If nothing else maybe seeing the police will scare her off bad enough.

Not giving the federal government their tax money is very shady, don't you think? What are the odds that she's paying taxes off the money she makes on the dogs? :wink2:

That was our first thought,but this lady is set up on a major roadway here in Cheraw. It is the main road from Chesterfield county,right thru Cheraw.And she is set up in front of a store.This road is traveled many times a day from State troopers to Sheriffs from both townships,and she is still there.
Next time I see her I am going to stop,and I'll call the troopers myself,and stay there inside the store until they arrive. Makes me sick~
 
In Mobile, we have a PetSmart, Pet Supplies Plus and a local shop- all allow adoptions through the local rescue groups. A few towns over is a Petland- went in once with a couple of friends- had never heard of that chain before. They had puppies- I got them to bring out the tri sheltie puppy. $900 and was told that it was from a breeder in Missouri- they showed me the pedigree- I looked up the name when I got home- nothing. and the workers were all like- no - the puppies are not from puppy mills- right.......
 
I have a question-why is shopping at Petsmart or Petco any better than Petland? They still sell animals. Rodents, birds, etc. This video is of one of the resources where Petsmart buys their animals:
http://www.petsmartcruelty.com/
That site has a lot of explanations and the video is on the page that the link takes you to. Please watch it and see why shopping at any store that sells any animal is wrong.
 
I think Petsmart and Petco only adopts out pets from the humane society.
I've been in Petland one time. And, they did have a sheltie puppy. :-( A cute little male and they were asking 700 dollars for it.

That website is run by PETA... www.petsmartcruelty.com... I think very little of them... what they say may be true I don't know, but PETA is just plain nasty.
 
Last edited:
I have a question-why is shopping at Petsmart or Petco any better than Petland?

I agree. When you live in a small town with very limited options you have to pick the lesser of the evils.

I'm against animal testing. I think it is wrong. You can't prove to me in any way that a mouse, a rabbit, or any other animal functions in the same way a human does. Have they made huge medicial break throughs by doing all of this? I'm sure. I've also probably taken medicine before that was tested on an animal. That doesn't make it right.

So where am I going with this? Make informed decicions. Don't buy animals (of any kind) from a pet store. Every company, animal related or not, is evil in some way. You can look at our economy or watch the news to see what I mean. :yes:
 
Back
Top