Petland

we don't have a petland in NY, but we do have a pet company. They usually have about 20 or so puppies. I go in there sometimes and look at the puppies. I know someone that works there and she swears that the puppies come from breeders. I just laugh a little in my head and think how naive. I good breeder would never sell their puppies to a pet store.

I would never buy anything from there, but I feel so bad when I see them. I try to tell people not to buy a puppy from there and tell them how to search for a breeder.
 
Holy cow, $1400 for puppy mill puppies??? Clearly people must pay that since they stay in business but I just cannot imagine! :eek2:

Apollo is the first dog I ever bought from a breeder with a specific purpose in mind (dog sports). He came from a breeder who tests all of her dogs before breeding, spends oodles of money on vet care, temperament testing, structure testing, and even herding instinct testing, puts versatility titles on all of her dogs, and provides lifetime support to everyone she sells a puppy to. Apollo came to us at 8 weeks old already started on clicker training, with an Ultimate Puppy training book set and a binder filled to the brim with further training and puppy care articles. All of this, and he cost less than $1400.

So sad for those poor little puppies, not to mention their parent :no:
 
I love to go in those stores..get my arms all loaded up with the most expensive things in the store...then pretend I just noticed that they have puppies...I get all indignate and loud...how I would never support a store like that and drop all my would be purchases and leave...usually I get alot of people following me...


Where we are now in Germany..I've never seen any animals for sale..except fish...of course I prolly don't know where all the pet stores are..but the ones I know of and go to, don't.

Julie
Clancy & Abby

Good for you!

If you do that I'm surprised they still let you in those stores. :lol:
 
Petland and Petco in my state are not allowed to sell animals like this, unless it is a weekend and breed rescue groups are there. They can sell dogs in need of rescue only. Breeders are not allowed to sell during that time. My state has so many BYB that the pet stores were asked to refrain from allowing anyone to do that.

Frankly I do not think any pet store should be allowed to sell animalsx. I worked as an a ountant for a large pet store chain in Tx and NM and all the dogs were bought from puppymills or BYB.
 
same here. petco, petsmart and petland do not sell puppies or kittens. I don't know any petco or petsmart that sells dogs. I think they're supplies, fish and rodents only in every state. They do have rescue groups outside on weekends.
 
I refuse to go into a Petland store. I saw a new one open up in a local mall I frequent and it did not make me the least bit happy.

Our local PetCo and PetSmart don't sell dogs except on the weekends when a rescue or shelter brings in dogs they have for adoption. They do sometimes have cats/kittens but these, again, are animals from a local shelter (there is always a sign posted saying which shelter they are from). These shelters will also bring in other cats on some weekends.

The only animals they stock regularly are fish, lizards, birds, ferrets and other rodents. I'm not sure how they purchase these.
 
I'm going to throw this out there~

Occasionally about twice a month,there is this gal that sets up in front of a conveinace store here in Cheraw.She may have 6 or seven kennels.The dogs are all of differant breeds.They are for sale,and "claims" they have papers etc.


Back very early in the summer she was there,and Brian noticed a german shephard puppy in one kennel. He looked quite forlorn when we got up close,and was immensely dirty,and very shy. Brian had german shephards as a young boy & thru his teen years.

When he asked her what she was asking for the pup,she told him 300.00. And claimed the puppy was her boyfriends dog.And she said the other puppys being held for sale were her dogs.
There were various smaller breeds,and two very tiny tea cup chi's that looked in very good health,asking upwards of 300.00.

Since that particular day,she has been seen there several times.And it totally infuriates us that she is there. I've called animal control,but nothing has happened.
Any suggestions?
 
Back
Top