Seminars

Want your opinion

Do you think Daisy Peel's contact workshop is too late? It'll be in August. By then, I'd hope to have some foundation of contacts on Koji. Do you think her seminar could make it worse? What if she says, "he should really do a running"? Or if she hates my 4-on? Or would she just work with what we have? And if she does say change, should I change?

I'm about to dish out $350 so I want to be sure by the time August rolls around, it'll be worth my money.
 
Do you think Daisy Peel's contact workshop is too late? It'll be in August. By then, I'd hope to have some foundation of contacts on Koji. Do you think her seminar could make it worse? What if she says, "he should really do a running"? Or if she hates my 4-on? Or would she just work with what we have? And if she does say change, should I change?

I'm about to dish out $350 so I want to be sure by the time August rolls around, it'll be worth my money.

Cheryl -Is Daisy doing private lessons after the seminar?Sometimes they stay after and do private lessons?Would that be a better option for you and maybe cheaper.Most of the big trainers get $100.00 an hour.Just a thought.
 
Cheryl -Is Daisy doing private lessons after the seminar?Sometimes they stay after and do private lessons?Would that be a better option for you and maybe cheaper.Most of the big trainers get $100.00 an hour.Just a thought.

I can find out, but I haven't heard otherwise.
I guess I'm just concerned that come August, I'll be in a whole different place again. Giving $350 right now seems a bit of a stretch. Ugh. Decisions, decisions.
Just wondering if private lessons with a trainer would be a better idea maybe once every two weeks or something. Hmmm.....

Just as a recap (to anyone reading), this was the description for the seminar:
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY – CONTACTS AND HANDLING
Daisy will discuss how to train, proof, increase speed and independence and deal with problems that arise with contact obstacles. She will cover both running and stopped contacts. This seminar is also open to all levels as she will customize her instruction for each dog/handler team.
$350 for this two-day seminar.


I keep thinking maybe I should use the money for something else. Something more focused for where I am right now (back to basics). But then, I also think, what a great opportunity. lol. AUGH!
 
I can find out, but I haven't heard otherwise.
I guess I'm just concerned that come August, I'll be in a whole different place again. Giving $350 right now seems a bit of a stretch. Ugh. Decisions, decisions.
Just wondering if private lessons with a trainer would be a better idea maybe once every two weeks or something. Hmmm.....

Just as a recap (to anyone reading), this was the description for the seminar:
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY – CONTACTS AND HANDLING
Daisy will discuss how to train, proof, increase speed and independence and deal with problems that arise with contact obstacles. She will cover both running and stopped contacts. This seminar is also open to all levels as she will customize her instruction for each dog/handler team.
$350 for this two-day seminar.


I keep thinking maybe I should use the money for something else. Something more focused for where I am right now (back to basics). But then, I also think, what a great opportunity. lol. AUGH!
I am of the opinion that private lessons with a person that reads dog and knows your team are much better deal. I have taken lesson with Dana and have to say she packs in so much info in 30 minutes that it takes me a month to digest and get ready for next lesson. Che is OFFERING me 2o2o behavior now, he generalized board training all on his own and now stops dead on DW...
 
Anna Eifert

Has any one heard of this person Anna Eifert?She is an international competitor.She is doing a seminar at Paws N Effect and I think I may do it.
 
I just heard that Susan Garrett will be offering new e course on contacts somewhere closer to fall, someone mention it will be 3 months long.
My head is still swimming from my recallers course and what a journey it has been!
There will be also new offering e course on puppy training as SG is training her 11 weeks puppy Swagger, supposedly year long course with monthly seminars.
 
Back
Top