Sheltie Nationals- Kissimmee

Yeah, the cost of the show site went way up, so they moved it back to middle-of-nowhere, can't-fly-dogs-in, Albany, Oregon. :razz:

I was at the Pomona site for the Collie national in '10, and it was really lovely. I'm sorry we won't get to use it for ASSA.

I am so bummed. Is that what happened? The one reason I hate trialing there anyways, is that there's a daily parking fee of $10 and I don't think you get re-entry if you leave. :(
 
"Fun in the SUN"

we made it to our hotel in Orlando yesterday. we're about 15-20 min from the main show site.

Today we went to the sheep farm in St. Cloud to watch the herding- should have remembered sunscreen- got a little toasted and we weren't even there all day.

We met Judy (Sunchaser)- Mid FL Sheltie rescue had people there to sell t-shirts and stuff as did National Sheltie rescue- they had a lot of other cool stuff too. I'll be in big trouble when we get to the main show and all those vendors:eek2::winkgrin:

just wanted to post an update- wish y'all were here too:yes:
 
How was the herding? I was hoping some one would post. Would love to try and meet up with you next Saturday if possible. I will be there that morning- hopefully early. Neat that you got to meet Judy.
 
well, we got there about lunchtime so we only saw some of the Started Sheep herding. some of the pups did really well and some had fun:wink2:
They were all gorgeous though:yes:

we'll be around for a little while on Sat- we can hang out to noon or 1 and still be home by 8ish or 9ish- depending on traffic:smile2:
 
Good to hear from you Calliesmom! I am glad to hear that you are in Florida not Alabama. I hope that everyone from your "home" are ok with the tornadoes.

I am so jealous that you are there! Please let us know how it is. Since my dogs are from Florida, our breeder is having a big get together, and I am so sad that we will not be joining them. I am sure they are having a blast.
 
Good to hear from you Calliesmom! I am glad to hear that you are in Florida not Alabama. I hope that everyone from your "home" are ok with the tornadoes.

I am so jealous that you are there! Please let us know how it is. Since my dogs are from Florida, our breeder is having a big get together, and I am so sad that we will not be joining them. I am sure they are having a blast.

I talked to my friend in my town- weather missed us- mostly to the north.

I saw a ton of HiMark people at the show though I didn't actually meet the breeder. There's a biblack puppy two rooms away here in our motel who is a HiMark and he got to reunite with his sister who lives in Alabama now:wink2:
Cran wanted to play too:yes:
 
I hope you're having a wonderful time! I would LOVE to be there!!!!!

we are having a blast:yes:

Sounds like you are having fun but most of all i am just happy you are safe.

we are doing pretty good- the storm front went through FL today- this morning. The FL east coast was having tornado warnings too but we missed most of that- just had some torrential rain and winds early this morning.

They did move the rally and obedience inside today- that made me happy that we wouldn't have to deal with wet ground and wind.
 
I talked to my friend in my town- weather missed us- mostly to the north.

I saw a ton of HiMark people at the show though I didn't actually meet the breeder. There's a biblack puppy two rooms away here in our motel who is a HiMark and he got to reunite with his sister who lives in Alabama now:wink2:
Cran wanted to play too:yes:

Glad to hear that the storms missed your town. So scary.

Yes, there are a lot of HiMark people there. Judy had a banner made, so it should be displayed at the show. I wish I was there.....it would be so neat to have a little reunion. Enjoy and please share pictures!!!! I hear that Troy got first place today in obedience :-)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top