Sheltie Nationals- Kissimmee

Weeklong Wrapup

Sunday was obedience and rally- I've already posted about our rally fun. and the pups pro pix....
Here's Callie's rescue parade pix: http://cranberrycallie.shutterfly.com/895
Monday was agility- I kind of got to see some of the excellent dogs. I was leash runner in Open Jumpers and small Excellent Jumpers but our volunteer coordinator said I should prepare for Novice Std during the rest of Excellent Jumpers so I didn't see the other dogs. It was still tons of fun and very sunny. The pups did not Q in either but they both had some good parts to their runs.
There was a social which was nice to meet people- food wasn't anything to write home about and they ran out of stuff. I'm sure that's more to do with the catering than the sheltie people. Hopefully, they'll improve that for the next time.
Tuesday was seminar day: Breeding in the morning- I skipped that one but I did go to the Sheltie Standard seminar by Jane Hammett-Bright.
Speaking of Jane, rumor has it if many people email Survivor, she could come back on one of the reunion shows......
The seminar was very interesting and she told us to touch as many shelties as we could at the evening meet & greet.
That was also a lot of fun- most of the people were very friendly and helpful when I said that Jane said we should feel the structure of the dogs- most of them were at the seminar too and were very cooperative. The beginning of our learning for the week.....
Wednesday started conformation- sat in the front bleacher section so I could take pix. ended up being lucky enough to have the ringside mentoring coordinator sit next to me so I got informally mentored on Wed. We made it until 3-4 in the afternoon and then we bailed so the dogs could get walked. some of the people that I saw later in the hotel parking lot said it went past 6. that made me glad that we didn't stay until the end.
more conformation on Thur- signed up for some official mentoring which was neat. Another lady and myself were assigned to the same lady who asked what we were interested in- we both said structure and movement which made her very happy as that is something she focuses on. We left about 2 that day so we could go to the dog park and let the shelties run and run and run some more. The park was empty when we arrived but some regulars came later and loved the shelties. I also have dog park pix........ to be posted later too...
Friday we arrived a little later in the morning because I wanted to see the later classes- Stud dog and Brood bitch. even found someone to explain that too. It was all very interesting and more to think about.
Sat was also amazing- met up with Susan and her husband- that was fun. I kind of wish that we could have stayed all day but we left at the end of the lunch break for the drive home. I'm ready to go to another National- we'll try to be ready for stuff in St Louis. Oregon is a little far but St Louis has potential.
I do promise to get some pix posted soon- they're at least off the camera now:winkgrin:
 
Last edited:
well sounds like you had a great week!!!! And learned tons im sure!!!:smile2: I always remember my first national, I was on information overload and probably retained about 1/2 of the things I was taught!! Im aiming for St Louis too so we'll have to do a meetup!!!:yes:
 
Back
Top