Southern Snow

I must say it made me chuckle because we get that much snow in a minor snowstorm but I know it’s all relative to what you’re accustomed to. I imagine people didn’t know how to drive in it and no one has snow tires! Bet there were lots of accidents. Good thing you get to stay home tomorrow!
We had blizzard warnings last Friday because of 90 kph winds and lots of 20-40 car pile ups…they’re still pulling cars out of the ditches. Stay home where it’s warm!
For perspective. They likely have zero snow plows in Mobile. If they have ice or sand it is small amounts with only a couple trucks capable of spreading it (likely limited to bridges). The roads are heavily crowned for rain runoff making it harder to plow. And as Calliesmom said LOTS of bridges. I heard driving in they broke a 128 year old record.
 
Destin had to do a lot of hopping- being a smaller sheltie that snow was halfway to his shoulders. you could tell that he wanted to go but there was stuff touching his areas........
we're not supposed to get back to the 60s until Sunday
Do you even own a shovel? I was thinking for a smaller dog (like Piper’s size) I’d probably shovel a path but then I thought I bet you don’t own a snow shovel! Of course you could just create a path yourself by walking through it first lol. Of course my dogs would likely just make their own…they do often hop when the snow is too deep for them!
 
For perspective. They likely have zero snow plows in Mobile. If they have ice or sand it is small amounts with only a couple trucks capable of spreading it (likely limited to bridges). The roads are heavily crowned for rain runoff making it harder to plow. And as Calliesmom said LOTS of bridges. I heard driving in they broke a 128 year old record.
Yes, definitely not a city designer for a large amount of snow!
It’s like last week we had high winds that created blizzard conditions and zero visibility on highways. I’ve never seen so many multi vehicle pile ups! The weather started early in the morning and continued all day (add in some snow and you’ve got a disaster in the making), almost all the highways ended up being closed! These photos are the aftermath.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5169.jpeg
    IMG_5169.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5168.jpeg
    IMG_5168.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5167.jpeg
    IMG_5167.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5166.jpeg
    IMG_5166.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 9
For perspective. They likely have zero snow plows in Mobile. If they have ice or sand it is small amounts with only a couple trucks capable of spreading it (likely limited to bridges). The roads are heavily crowned for rain runoff making it harder to plow. And as Calliesmom said LOTS of bridges. I heard driving in they broke a 128 year old record.
so true- no snowplows, no salt trucks. I heard that they put sand on the bridges- I haven't left the house so don't really know.......
1895 was the record before for snow, 1899 was the record for cold temps- we broke them both.......................
 
Do you even own a shovel? I was thinking for a smaller dog (like Piper’s size) I’d probably shovel a path but then I thought I bet you don’t own a snow shovel! Of course you could just create a path yourself by walking through it first lol. Of course my dogs would likely just make their own…they do often hop when the snow is too deep for them!
I own shovels- just not snow shovels.....
the shelties did make paths and yesterday, we had significant melting- more than I thought we would since it only made it to the mid30's
 
Yes, definitely not a city designer for a large amount of snow!
It’s like last week we had high winds that created blizzard conditions and zero visibility on highways. I’ve never seen so many multi vehicle pile ups! The weather started early in the morning and continued all day (add in some snow and you’ve got a disaster in the making), almost all the highways ended up being closed! These photos are the aftermath.
we didn't have anything like that- most people were smart and stayed home to play in the snow in their yards. my neighbors built a very nice snowman:yes:
 
Back
Top