Subcutaneous Mast Cell Tumour

Grace had a good night and finally had a wee and a poo this morning. I was just starting to worry as she'd gone over 24 hours. She's still very subdued but I guess that is because she has a lot of healing to do. She's eating and drinking well. So it's all good news so far. I'm just waiting on the news from the biopsy of her liver and the Ki67 test.

Thank you for all the support here. It means so much to me and helps more than words can say. :love:
Grace is doing so well...now we just pray for good news from the biopsy and the Ki67 test!! Many gentle hugs for your sweet Grace. Trini
 
Thank you Darren and Trini and Sandy. Grace is resting well. She gives me the stink eye occasionally because we can't go for walks. But we have had half mast tail wags for little things like going to feed the birds in the garden, she loves trotting round after me when I do that. And also for her Kong which we fill with chicken as a treat.

I spoke to the vet today regarding a holistic approach and we are going to start her on fish oil mixed in with cottage cheese and milk thistle. We've also changed her food to higher meat vs carbs diet. Completely grain free. Whenever the vet rings my heart sinks into my boots, but today she was just checking up on us. :)
 
It sounds like you're on the right track for Grace. I'm so happy to hear she's doing well enough for tail wags and bird feeding! I hope the new protocol works well for her; it's wonderful that your vet is so involved in her recovery. Continued prayers and pats for Grace!
 
Thank you Darren and Trini and Sandy. Grace is resting well. She gives me the stink eye occasionally because we can't go for walks. But we have had half mast tail wags for little things like going to feed the birds in the garden, she loves trotting round after me when I do that. And also for her Kong which we fill with chicken as a treat.

I spoke to the vet today regarding a holistic approach and we are going to start her on fish oil mixed in with cottage cheese and milk thistle. We've also changed her food to higher meat vs carbs diet. Completely grain free. Whenever the vet rings my heart sinks into my boots, but today she was just checking up on us. :)
I believe Rodney Habib had a dog cancer series and a special keto diet for dogs. Not sure of the website but if you google his name and dog cancer series you’ll find it.I do believe there’s a cost but it sounds like your on the right track. I try to feed a carb free diet to my dogs, the way I understand it carbs convert to sugar (of course we all know that lol) but that sugar feeds cancer cells (and of course can cause inflammation as well).
I lost my oldest to cancer of the spine almost 2 years ago so I understand how difficult a time this is for you. Just don’t forget about taking care of yourself too...any time you want to rant or talk about your day we’re here for you.:hugs
 
Good morning, all! Well we had a stressful late afternoon and evening. Grace started panting hard at around 5pm, and her breathing was very rapid. It was rather warm so we took her outside to sit in the shade but that didn't help much. Around 6pm there was no change but we left it too late to call our vets as they had shut. We brought her evening meal forward and gave her the NSAID tablet, the Co-codamol had finished the night before. We gave her until 8pm to settle otherwise we would take her to the emergency vet at the college around 30min drive away. Dead on 8pm she settled just fine. I'm sure she was in pain and needed something to get her to the evening NSAID. This morning I rang our vet and we are going in for a check up in case she has an infection that has raised her temperature. Otherwise she agrees she needs more pain relief. Grace is looking fine this morning so fingers crossed it's just that.
 
What a scary time but it sounds like getting more pain meds for Grace should do the trick...but good to have her checked to rule out any infection.. She had such a big surgery that it has got to really hurt. Prayers and good wishes continue for your precious girl.
Trini
 
Back
Top